So Royce isn't that much lighter than Shamrock?

mkt

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So much for claims (which I already refuted) of this being a HW vs. WW. An 11 pound difference and neither fighter cuts weight. I'm sure small LHWs like Machida, Shogun and Hendo have had bigger weight disadvantages on fight night.

Royce is 2-3 years younger and probably doesn't have nearly as much wear and tear on his body. So I think any size/weight advantage washes out.

Very smart move on Ken's part....Ken's gas tank has always been an issue, especially at 225..Let's see how much gas he has at around 200.

Ken use to be great at the leg locks but haven't seen one from him SINCE 93'

He weighed in with like 10 lbs on clothing on, though.

10 pounds? Do you know how much clothing weighs? Was he packing heat, hiding brass knuckles and wearing combat boots?

10 pounds? Do you know how much clothing weighs? Was he packing heat, hiding brass knuckles and wearing combat boots?

did you watch the press conference? they looked to be the same size i don't know hows that possible

I wouldn't be surprised. He wore a full gi, with some clothes underneath it still for a reason. If he had come in below 185 he wouldn't meet the weight requirements. Wouldn't be surprised if he stuffed some rolls of quarters or some shit in his pockets.

He wore a full gi, with some clothes underneath it still for a reason. If he had come in below 185 he wouldn't meet the weight requirements. Wouldn't be surprised if he stuffed some rolls of quarters or some shit in his pockets.
You mean if he was bellow 185 the fight wouldn't happen?

fuck rules man

I miss the old days

let them just fight

You mean if he was bellow 185 the fight wouldn't happen?

fuck rules man

I miss the old days

let them just fight

Yea, the rules in Texas meant he had to be within 15 lbs of Ken.

Ken really never has been anywhere close to 230 really, i think the heaviest he has been in an mma fight is 218. I remember him saying that he was always a small heavyweight (or middleweight by today's standards) but because he's So jacked People think he's 240. Nowadays he is too old to put on any mass. Having said that I am still very surprised that there is only 10 pounds between the two. Though i expect ken to be significantly stronger. If not then he has no advantage at all coming into this. No reach, can't shoot anymore due to bum knees...hmm

Ken weights same than in Kimbo fight, but doesn't look so jacked.
Royce around same weight than in Sakuraba rematch. In roids again?

. Having said that I am still very surprised that there is only 10 pounds between the two. Though i expect ken to be significantly stronger. If not then he has no advantage at all coming into this. No reach, can't shoot anymore due to bum knees...hmm

I think Ken should have a reasonable strength advantage, though it's certainly not a "David vs. Goliath" match from the old days.

His other edge may be that he's trained for numerous MMA fights during Royce's 9-year layoff. Granted, he hasn't done well, but hopefully he's worked on all his skillsets. Royce has kept his BJJ sharp, but before preparing for this fight, I'm not sure if he did any cross-training.

Of course, Royce may have some edges, too. IMO, the main one is that his body is probably not nearly as broken down as Ken's.

I think Ken should have a reasonable strength advantage, though it's certainly not a "David vs. Goliath" match from the old days.

His other edge may be that he's trained for numerous MMA fights during Royce's 9-year layoff. Granted, he hasn't done well, but hopefully he's worked on all his skillsets. Royce has kept his BJJ sharp, but before preparing for this fight, I'm not sure if he did any cross-training.

Of course, Royce may have some edges, too. IMO, the main one is that his body is probably not nearly as broken down as Ken's.
Exactly. And lets not forget his vaporized chin. Literally one punch and it's all over. He took major bombs from frye and tito (in the first fight) and mostly took them with ease but something snapped after that. Saku Ko'd him, with all due respect... With one punch! Ken is my favorite old school fighter by far, but i would actually not rule out a Royce KO.

Royce didn't look 190 in the promo video wearing his rash guard...

He weighed in with like 10 lbs on clothing on, though.
This is true cloths can weigh anywhere from 5 /10 pounds add the shoes in and possibly extra clothing ,Royce is probably close to 177 / 182......Gis can weigh alot depending on thickness ,which grapplers go with heavier Gis !

Ken can't shoot but he can still do the ole lean over and grab a single as he did against kimbo. I pretty much expect Ken to win this...only way Royce can win is if Ken sits in his guard...though i'm scared of a KO win from Royce...which would be sad

Exactly. And lets not forget his vaporized chin. Literally one punch and it's all over. He took major bombs from frye and tito (in the first fight) and mostly took them with ease but something snapped after that. Saku Ko'd him, with all due respect... With one punch! Ken is my favorite old school fighter by far, but i would actually not rule out a Royce KO.
Thats just not gonna happen ! Royce k.o win is something on the lines of if Peter McNeeley knocked out Tyson when he hit him...the striking ability is just not there,and if it did happen would literally ruin Shamrocks entire legacy of the UFC itself since this is basically an attached argument of who would win a 3rd fight even tonight deecades later.No doubt Royce will actually be in better athletic shape then he was in 93/95 with all the cross training and impove striking how his reflexes react is another story....if Royce k.od me id become a hermit .lol

Back