So... Objectively, how good was Tyron really?

I have the top 5 as
GSP
Hughes
Woodley
Lawler
Shields

There is an argument for Hendricks at 5th but I put Shields over him due to having more top wins and being a top WW for much longer.
Sherdog is ridiculous. Shields never even was a champion, yet he is somehow better than Usman. Shields was 4-3 in UFC with 3 split decision wins. Elite as fuck

LOL imagine thinking that someone who was a long running champ of one of the most stacked divisions in UFC and someone who defended his belt successfully 4 times was "never any good".
Sherdog is gonna Sherdog I guess.

And who said that?

And who said that?
LOL you're whole thread was about how Woodley wasn't as good as he looked on paper and that he is overrated, but then at the last minute you said "He was / is certainly very good, but not near greatness and never was" in order to save face. Dude, just own up the fact that this is a "he was never any good" thread because it clearly is.

Don’t even start this prime bullshit. Woodley was 3-2 in his first 5 UFC fights and 2-2 against top10 guys. He never did good against well rounded guys who would pressure him ( like Rory and KG).

Usman also holds a win over Edwards which you didn’t count as top10 but he definitely is a top10 guy.
And there isn’t a massive difference in their competition. Their 5 best wins are about the same level. Sure Woodley has a bit more wins, but he also has a shitload of loses. He didn’t look too good in many of his wins though-
Split decision vs KG
Majority win vs Wonderboy
and knee injury against Condit

2019 Join date, refuses to acknowledge that fighters have primes. ok then to the ignore list with your ignorant ass. Woodley literally has twice as many top 10 wins as Usman and 4 times as many title defenses. Only a moron or a troll would argue Usman is higher on the all time list of great WWs. Usman will have a lot more losses if he fights for 11 years and faces the same level of competition Woodley has. Woodley has fought 14 top 10 fighters to Usman's 4.

Last edited:
He's a great fighter, but on the all time WW list he would still be far behind GSP and Hughes. Shields is debatable.

2019 Join date, refuses to acknowledge that fighters have primes. ok then to the ignore list with your ignorant ass.
Did you even read my post? He started his UFC career with an 3-2 record. Was he in his prime than or he wasn’t?

He has wins over, Till, Maia, Wonderboy, Lawler, Gastelum, Condit, Koscheck, daley, Saffiedine. None of which have been the champ except Lawler and Condit as interim champ. I think he is a B-Level fighter but he could have grown. There is so much more to fighting than wrestling and a big right hand. SO if I were to rank him on EA UFC 3 id put him as a B+ fighter. lol

Well obviously he’s still below GSP and Hughes alll-time-wise, but he was good enough to get a title shot, win the belt, and defended multiple times.

I initially didn’t like his gimmick but it kinda grew on me over time. Too bad we didn’t get to see the payoff with Colby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back