So my gym just got some kettle bells

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyjay

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I did a search but nothing related to my question. So my gym just go some kettlebells, and i've never done much research about them because i didnt think i would come across them. Whats the general consensus of the use of KB's? What kinda workout can i do with them? Is there any negative comments about KBs? Which youtube vids give the most accurate workout descriptions?

I'd like to try them, just to shock my body from the same ol routine. All info will be greatly apprecaited, thanks

The first things you need to do is look into some kettlebell chalk.

Mike Mahler has a homepage with kettlebell information. I like swings and snatches for high reps as GPP.

But really, you can do anything you do with dumbells with a kettlebell. It just has a different feel to the movement because the weight is off center. Snatches, swings, clean and press, rows, push press, etc.

its a great workout.....but it easy to get hurt if you do them wrong

But really, you can do anything you do with dumbells with a kettlebell. It just has a different feel to the movement because the weight is off center. Snatches, swings, clean and press, rows, push press, etc.

You really need to work on this "helping people" garbage

Make sure you get certified before you even approach a kettlebell. Those things can kill you without the proper documentation and super-high, non-refundable training fees.

Make sure you get certified before you even approach a kettlebell. Those things can kill you without the proper documentation and super-high, non-refundable training fees.

On the bright side, you might meet Allison :)

I'm going to stop being awesome for a week to shock my body. Got to keep the muscles guessing...

go easy on them in the begining untill you find out your limits cos it works your heart lot more than ordinary weights

go easy on them in the begining untill you find out your limits cos it works your heart lot more than ordinary weights

You seem to be really worried about everyone's heart. Fuck everyone else. My heart is fine. That's all I care about.

I'm going to stop being awesome for a week to shock my body. Got to keep the muscles guessing...

Wouldn't that be detrimental to teh muscles? I thought they were fueled by awesomeness or was that just beer and baconators?

Bort are you working for a lawyer this summer?

Wouldn't that be detrimental to teh muscles? I thought they were fueled by awesomeness or was that just beer and baconators?

Bort are you working for a lawyer this summer?

You have a PM.

This is no joke.

The last gym I belonged to got some kettlebells, 5lbs right through 75 lbs. A week after they arrived an untrained metro walked in and with **No Kettlebell License** said, "Damn I bet those'll give me a RADICAL pump!", put his wrist-wraps on and attempted to curl a 15 pounder.

32 seconds later this is all that was left.

story.jpg

Get that certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back