So Jones is out of his prime.

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Or picos but it's pretty apparent now that he is not the same anymore. Where the fuck did his strength go? He looked weak, slow and gunshy. I mean volkan handled reyes easily than Jones did. Coming into this fight I said the only interesting bit was whether Jones has regressed and he sure did, out of prime or picos whatever but the Jones Era might be coming to an end.
This sucks.
I start rooting for perry and the dude goes on a skid.
I start rooting for Jones again and he goes through two shit fights and arguably lost both. Still a fan but damn...
Huh, wonder who I should root for next....

Maybe the competition is better..

Out of ped-prime, 100%!

He's not out of his prime he's not pulsing as hard as he use to

Also lol at the ESPN headline saying it's time for Jones to move up to HW.

That's mma. Eventually they all fall.

He’s off the juice. Looks a shadow of his former self.

He's 32yo and doesn't have much mileage

In the past 6 years he's fought 8 fucking times. He's been inactive with all the roid busts and out of cage controversies. Not like he's been getting into multiple fights and wars a year

That's 1.3 fights a year from ages 26-32 which is an athletes prime in the vast majority of sports

Truth is he was always overrated and the steroids of pre USADA along with fighting washed up greats from the past era/overblown MWs inflated his actual ability

Or picos but it's pretty apparent now that he is not the same anymore. Where the fuck did his strength go? He looked weak, slow and gunshy. I mean volkan handled reyes easily than Jones did. Coming into this fight I said the only interesting bit was whether Jones has regressed and he sure did, out of prime or picos whatever but the Jones Era might be coming to an end.
This sucks.
I start rooting for perry and the dude goes on a skid.
I start rooting for Jones again and he goes through two shit fights and arguably lost both. Still a fan but damn...
Huh, wonder who I should root for next....
Its Jones off the juice.......huge difference

He just needs a refill of his dick pills

Wrestling Background and 10+ years of MMA

do the math

Well, aside from a shot Gustaffson his last non-juiced KO was over MW Chael Sonnen in 2013, so 7 years ago. Though it's pretty obvious he had that pico power 7 years ago.

Think about that what you will.

He just needs a refill of his dick pills
260495.jpg

This is normal Jones was so far ahead of everyone else in his division all these years

Now fighters are improving better training better coaches but Jones is still improving himself which is enough or him to keep winning

Jones is still improving but his competition is also improving but what I don't understand is people writing Jones off . Jones won the fight not one judge gave it to Reyes and they are the ones scoring he fight .

Jones will rest recover and probably work on his wrestling his head movement boxing kicks were very good in this fight .

One thing i noticed Jones was always stalking Reyes and maybe just maybe being over cautious of Reyes power , personally I think Jones should have kicked more to the body to set up the head kick .

Respect to both guys but what Jones is achieving right now as we watch is greatness title defense after title defense .
I honk he was great tonight just a little hesitant at times but maybe that was his game plan and he stuck to it .

Like Jones said if this was easy everybody in the crowd would be doing it

Last edited:
Jon is still in his prime( everyone s fighting prime is different anyway- damage & fight IQ go hand in hand which has a big hand in one 's prime). When Jones first came on scene, mma was still at a point where even some top fighters didnt have all these different coaches and other top fighters to train with at their fingertips. Also , now, Jones is being tested God knows how much ( nobody still knows to what extent Jon was doing. He wouldve lost by now if he was doing something crazy and just stopped ,imo.)

It's a combination of things. It's only a matter of time before he does get his ticket punched. Let's not forget , Reyes is a beast who was 12-0. He also has bigger physical dimensions with ,now, more tools than Gus had ( Santos fight open to debate on how people view fight but that guy also a shorter physical monster who's 185 days we will see no more ).

I have to re watch fight ( as everyone should) but I didnt have a problem with a 48-47 score- either way- at first watch.

I see some people referencing gsp-rigg fight ---- are u out of your mind ?

Jon is still in his prime( everyone s fighting prime is different anyway- damage & fight IQ go hand in hand which has a big hand in one 's prime). When Jones first came on scene, mma was still at a point where even some top fighters didnt have all these different coaches and other top fighters to train with at their fingertips. Also , now, Jones is being tested God knows how much ( nobody still knows to what extent Jon was doing. He wouldve lost by now if he was doing something crazy and just stopped ,imo.)

It's a combination of things. It's only a matter of time before he does get his ticket punched. Let's not forget , Reyes is a beast who was 12-0. He also has bigger physical dimensions with ,now, more tools than Gus had ( Santos fight open to debate on how people view fight but that guy also a shorter physical monster who's 185 days we will see no more ).

I have to re watch fight ( as everyone should) but I didnt have a problem with a 48-47 score- either way- at first watch.

I see some people referencing gsp-rigg fight ---- are u out of your mind ?

Yes you need to rewatch the fight if you think 48-47 was right either way when Jones clearly lost 3 rounds.

I agree GSP/Hendricks shouldn’t be referenced as at least that fight was close and came down to a single round. Reyes was straight up robbed

Back