So I've been hitting this new submission....

Sinnaman Toast

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have used it pretty often and I really like it. From your guard you first hook the beginnings of an omaplata, leg over the shoulder. Now when you first hook it up, you are perpendicular or heading in that direction. Most finishes or rolls occur when u then switch to a parallel position and sit up. I prefer to stay perpendicular, hook the instep of my foot that is oma'ing under their chin, face, anything, and use it to gain leverage. Then very quickly, I straighten the arm out as I swivel my hips and gator roll on to the top of his arm. Very effictevely armbarring.

Please, critique, attempt, burn, congratulate. :)

Lol, hit an omaplata. Then, instead of rolling him, roll over him. You have to release the arm that is tucked in ur hip to roll. I have had decent success, but I wanted other perspectives. My team members all liked me hitting it, but said their hips weren't flexible enough for quick and effective oma's.

Can't picture what you do after you put your foot under his chin...

Can't picture what you do after you put your foot under his chin...

You use a combination of leverage and the rolling movement (which you roll towards his head) to swivel over his shoulder. I have ended it on my stomach and on my back, depending on what the guy does.

I've noticed people tend to auto-roll when oma'd and they often times roll into the armbar.

Lost us here.

I'm sorry, it isn't the easiest thing to explain, especially considering no one has heard of it. Basically you twist your hips over his shoulder, allowing you to straighten out the arm.

you mean you switch to the armbar from the omoplata? i hate to break it to you, but that's far from new.

another way of doing this is just to push the arm up 'elbow against your leg' rather than roll into the armbar

Sounds like you just go to a face down armbar I presume?

If anyone has mastering the rubber guard its probably the "drowning wizard". Except with the drowning wizard, you start from half guard into the dogfight position.

you mean you switch to the armbar from the omoplata? i hate to break it to you, but that's far from new.

another way of doing this is just to push the arm up 'elbow against your leg' rather than roll into the armbar

First off, thank you and I love you. Second, it was new to me hehe. I'm 16 and my formal training happens about twice a month if I'm lucky cause it is an hour away.

As for the pushing of the arm, if you mean to just finish the omaplata. I dislike that for the fact that they tend to roll out of it, even though I still end up on top.

Sounds like you just go to a face down armbar I presume?

If anyone has mastering the rubber guard its probably the "drowning wizard". Except with the drowning wizard, you start from half guard into the dogfight position.

When I learn what that means, I will thank you. Sorry, my jits jargon is lacking its lingo.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ePaKNgmT_D8

A lot like the second showing, I just don't get the legs, I get the head.

nothing new, sorry. but it's better you don't get the legs

on a side note i did a tournament at that school and fought one of the kids in that video... keeping the legs like that in the armbar attempt seemed very silly to me

when you guys call it jits.. it's sounds like a disease...noobs..

First off, thank you and I love you. Second, it was new to me hehe. I'm 16 and my formal training happens about twice a month if I'm lucky cause it is an hour away.

As for the pushing of the arm, if you mean to just finish the omaplata. I dislike that for the fact that they tend to roll out of it, even though I still end up on top.

they won't roll out if you do it correctly. marcelo garcia beat rolls gracie by popping his elbow with this technique at the last abu dabhi in the open weight division.

it's great that you're figuring out all this great stuff on your own, butit would do you a lot ofgood to get to a frmal class more often. you'll develope less bad habits and practicing the techs the right way from the beggining will make your game much more solid

If anyone has mastering the rubber guard its probably the "drowning wizard".

LOL - some of the rubber guard names are creative, though they don't seem to describe the technique (in other words, they're not exactly "onomatopoeic"). I've got to laugh.

they won't roll out if you do it correctly. marcelo garcia beat rolls gracie by popping his elbow with this technique at the last abu dabhi in the open weight division.

it's great that you're figuring out all this great stuff on your own, butit would do you a lot ofgood to get to a frmal class more often. you'll develope less bad habits and practicing the techs the right way from the beggining will make your game much more solid

Yeah, I watch a lot of videos and my friends volunteer for my practice, then when I train I try out my new and old moves. It is the best I can do right now, when I go to college I will be a lot closer to my gym so it will be easier. I hopefully have an amatuer fight in PA soon, needless to say I'm lookin to stand and trade.

LOL - some of the rubber guard names are creative, though they don't seem to describe the technique (in other words, they're not exactly "onomatopoeic"). I've got to laugh.

I was trying to imagine what that could possibly and I kept picturing Gandalf muay thai kneeing someones balls for some reason :/

Back