• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So is Herb just going to get away with this?

Can you guys name one fight in the last 10 years where a fighter lost points for grabbing the cage with their toes? If not then stfu and find some other straws to grasp at

Can you guys name one fight in the last 10 years where a fighter lost points for grabbing the cage with their toes? If not then stfu and find some other straws to grasp at
so are there no repercussions for cheating?

This thread is not addressed to people living under rocks, members of lost tribes, Hobbits, etc.

Unless you belong to such a group, you should damn well know what I'm talking about.

No playboy, it doesn't. Look at my join date - I'm a jaded old dog, and I can't recall recall the last time I saw this many fouls, or every sort, go completely unpunished.. Feel free to refresh my memory.

Jones has his eyepokes, but even he knows better than to go to the well too many times, lest the ref eventually feels obligated to do something. Dean was just not going to lift a finger, no matter what. This was truly special.

You should start a thread about it and sherbro detectives, doctors, lawyers and combat experts will sort this out for you. Meanwhile, let us discuss this little 229 business over here.

Everyone, except you and another challenged kid, know exactly what I'm talking about, and are discussing it in this very thread. Does this help?

xCukw7m.gif

CPH burying everybody today

<{MingNope}>

Refs never call any fouls. And then when they do call a foul, like for example Alvarez vs Poirier people get mad LOL

lol at thinking refs and judges are held accountable

{<jordan}

The athletic commissions only punish fighters
whatever happened to Mario Yamasaki? Did Dana really ban him from the UFC and does he have the power to do that?

So if Khabib cheated and still smashed Conor, you would have been ok with that?

Doing what Conor did? Yes. Pitty patty fouls, and half of them aren't even fouls like Sherdog is claiming, and all of them shouldn't be fouls.

Now if he headbutt, jabbed his eyes, kicked him in the balls on purpose, etc. then yes.

I know right? Seems like everyone is in on it.
The simplest answer is the correct one.

The people that directly work with MMA (MMA media, refs, commissions) and can directly receive money from the handful of billionaires that have achieved a monopoly over MMA a sport = in on it/self-interested.

Everyone outside of that = not in on it.

The problem is "everyone outside of that" only includes two groups... people who know/care about the sport (Sherdog) and the other 99.9% of the planet.

So there's a small group that can call out the corruption (fans of the sport who aren't tied to the UFC). The rest of the world that cares about MMA is often (unfortunately) directed indebted to it (MMA media, refs, etc). They know it is a monopoly and don't want their bullshit puppet press credentials revoked/want to get paid. This is the kind of shit we have to deal with since the UFC has achieved a monopoly and Hollywood promoters who don't care about MMA bought out the UFC.

Herb Dean is notoriously inconsistent, except for being pretty timid when enforcing the rules. I believe he was too scared of "ruining the moment" to get involved.

Back