So is gsot cut?

They'll set him up with an easy win, some newcomer with no TDD or power, and then keep him around

He wont get cut.

Just had a lot of TV promotion and is big to the Aussie market.

Hes certainly on thin ice now though.

He wont get cut.

Just had a lot of TV promotion and is big to the Aussie market.

Hes certainly on thin ice now though.

He's not helping his cause with the incident from TUF.

Yep. Same reason Dan Hardy survived in regard to Britain.

Hardy survived because he lost to the top 2 guys and some very good fighters, he was always better than lots of guys in his division and has proved that after facing lower down guys. Not all opponents are equal.

To any arguments over who gets cut and absurd claims of nationality being a deciding factor I will just say steve cantwell 0-5.

The "3 and you are out" seems to not being applied these days, there's no rule anymore, people get cut with one loss sometimes.

You know what I dont understand. How John Cofer is getting another chance. He lost in the PRELIMINARY part of TUF Life and then lost on the TUF Live finale. Usually when fighters lose their first fight coming out of the TUF house they get cut. And this guy is getting another chance. Seems suspect to me.

they will put him against a bad grappler so he can get a sub and seem to be relevant again for the aus fans.

Set him up vs. Danzig at the next Aussie event..cut the loser unless it's FOTY material.

This, I like the way this guy thinks. Why just get rid of guys when you can make them fight for their spot? This could be a good scrap with both guys backs against the wall. Like everyone has been saying, they still need Aussie fighters if they wanna keep having shows down under. Imagine a fight with Sass?

His nationality and his coaching stint on Smashes will probably buy him some slack. Next one is a must-win though.

He also subbed Joe Lauzon right before he hit this current rut.
Oh, he defeated Lauzon by taking him down, passing his guard, and applying a kimura.

It's too bad G-Sots fancies himself some kind of standup fighter. His TD's aren't great, but they're not bad either, and he's pretty good in the clinch. He didn't even try to get Pearson down again after the thing at the end of the 1st round. He really needs to focus on what he's good at.

He also subbed Joe Lauzon right before he hit this current rut.
Oh, he defeated Lauzon by taking him down, passing his guard, and applying a kimura.

It's too bad G-Sots fancies himself some kind of standup fighter. His TD's aren't great, but they're not bad either, and he's pretty good in the clinch. He didn't even try to get Pearson down again after the thing at the end of the 1st round. He really needs to focus on what he's good at.

"C'mon G. Sot, let's go! Go for the single leg!"
- BJ Penn

They'll keep him around at least until the next australian card for sure.

Set him up vs. Danzig at the next Aussie event..cut the loser unless it's FOTY material.

I'd like to see Mac Danzig vs. George S. They should do more TUF unfinished business bouts like this where these guys were the better guys from that season, but never matched up.

He won't get cut now, but he needs to improve his game. WTF was his game plan in this fight? Strike with a superior striker? Somehow I feel that his corner is full of yes men. He needs to change camp and get back to his winning ways ASAP, or he will get cut...

He had shown a lot of heart in defeat, without doubt.

He had also fought in rather weird way as well though. He definitely should have tried way harder to get it to the ground, it was obvious that he's eventually getting finished in the standup.

You don't get cut after headlining a Main Event

They aren't going to cut a guy who just hosted the TUF that is trying to break the UFC into a whole new continent. Come on now...

Back