So is gsot cut?

rya

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
He's lost 3 in a row right? All by finish I think too.. That's usually the kiss of death. Am I wrong did he win one somewhere along the way?

He lost a decision to Dennis Siver. I think the UFC will keep him around. Good for the Aussie market.

He's, arguably, the most profitable Australian fighter (which's good for events in Australia) and just finished coaching TUF, and even though he got finished he didn't look that bad in losing, so I don't think he'll be cut. If he loses again, though, he's probably out.

i could see rousimar being cut b4 gsot

I'm a fan of G-Sot for his upper tier submission game, and usually am slightly irritated when I see threads saying this guy should be cut or should retire, but he seemed to get his bell rung kinda often in his past few fights.

He probably would have gotten KO'd by Gomi in UFC 144 Japan. I wouldn't mind if he stayed with UFC, but only had bouts against non-striking threats and switched from title chase track to fun fight track. At one point, I thought he and Evan Dunham were close to title shots.

I think the ufc will keep him around,

But dam does he need to stop thinking he can stand with guys like Ross,

I think George would have actually gone for much more TD's if he hadnt staggered Ross with that left so i think that gave him abit of confidence in the striking that he shouldnt have had.

Seems kind of a waste to cut him when you just promoted him on 12 hours of tv

He needs to remember that he can tool guys on the ground... that he has some awesome sweeps, so he needs to not be scared to pull guard!

Seems kind of a waste to cut him when you just promoted him on 12 hours of tv

That's true, but Dana was thinking about cutting Mayhem right after his loss to Bisping. But, I think it's just 'cause Dana doesn't like him.

If they kept the Mongolian Wolf, they'll keep Mr. Australiian Old Man Chest.

He's, arguably, the most profitable Australian fighter (which's good for events in Australia) and just finished coaching TUF, and even though he got finished he didn't look that bad in losing, so I don't think he'll be cut. If he loses again, though, he's probably out.

I thought he looked awful, but each to their own.

Personally I feel he should be cut, even though I am a huge fan of George and I am Australian.... His 3 fight losing streak has been pretty nasty, and Ross was simply lightyears ahead of him today.

I have a feeling he will stick around for one more match possibly, but I don't feel that is fair. I really do hate to say that, I am a fan.

Set him up vs. Danzig at the next Aussie event..cut the loser unless it's FOTY material.

That's true, but Dana was thinking about cutting Mayhem right after his loss to Bisping. But, I think it's just 'cause Dana doesn't like him.

Mayhem looked like he didn't train and doesn't care in the bisping fight. Sot was in shape, fought hard and just got beaten.

Also, Mayhem was a throw in when Chael couldn't do the show iirc, I don't even know if he had signed yet when they approached him for the show.

How often has someone been cut after they where in a main event?
Doubt he gets cut I'd say they get him a win so they can keep him for Australian cards.

Back