So is Chad Mendes going to beat Frank Edgar?

Chuck Bass**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After Edgar dominates Aldo and Mendes beats Manny, do you think Money Mendes can beat Edgar for the title?

I think Money Mendes is a better wrestler and striker than Edgar. Also I dont want to say Aldo got lucky, but Mendes was clearly winning before the awkward shot and I think Mendes beats Aldo 7/10 times

No, if Edgar beats Aldo I doubt anyone will be able to dethrone him for a while. Korean Zombie Vs Edgar would be sweet though.

Edgar is not championship material at 145.

Edgar hasn't performed at HW either. Is it hard to say if he is championship material at HW?

Oh man, this is just painful to even think about.

I'm tapping out, you win Balli, i'll let someone else point how this is a terrible post

Edgar hasn't performed at HW either. Is it hard to say if he is championship material at HW?

If we're being ridiculous, atleast Edgar has a better chance of winning the FW championship than winning the HW championship.

Well he could never make HW, so ya thats obvious. However as long as he makes the transition to FW smoothly the results could be pretty good for him. Impossible to say until we see it.

I think Aldo is going to whoop Edgar, but I think Edgar could edge out Mendes.

After Edgar dominates Aldo and Mendes beats Manny, do you think Money Mendes can beat Edgar for the title?

I think Money Mendes is a better wrestler and striker than Edgar. Also I dont want to say Aldo got lucky, but Mendes was clearly winning before the awkward shot and I think Mendes beats Aldo 7/10 times

All chad did was hold Aldo against the fence and as soon as Aldo had some room, he ko'd chad in devastating fashion so it's hard to say how we'll chad would do against Frankie. And as far as Frankie goes, Aldo has dealt with enough quick wrestlers with good hands to know what to do.

Edgar beat Aldo? BAHAHAHAHA

...Still, it's more likely than Mendes winning the belt against either.

If Edgar loses to Aldo you're silly to think they're going to give him a guy like Mendes.

It's very possible that Frankie could beat Aldo, but not by domination. I think Edgar can take him down and I don't think the skill gap between the two standing is as big as most people do either (even though I still give the advantage to Jose there).

As for the "Chad was winning until he grabbed the fence" statement, you either haven't seen that fight and are going by what Aldo haters/Mendes nuthuggers say or you're trolling. Aldo was outstriking him easily.

To answer the question in the title of the thread, I think Edgar beats Mendes everywhere so no.

Last edited:

That's because no one is championship material as long Aldo remains at FW. He will once Aldo vacates and goes on to LW to take the throne. Once again, Aldo beats anyone at FW and LW.

WAR ALDO!!!

you guys doubting edgar at fw are delusional, the man is still top LW which is the deepest division in the league, coming off 2 very close title fights, droping to the weight which will suit his size well, he will dominate hands down IMO, Aldo slows down in later rounds, Edgar doesnt, new FW champ for sure

Back