So I recently started training.....

In a nutshell 8 years ago I had sparring gear for taekwondo... I used the same gear for 5 years, and now I am giving it to my little brother... so basically good gear should last you atleast 3 years minimum

muay thai 1x a week? BJJ 2x a week? you need to train more tough guy, thats not gonna cut it!!

RapidKnee said:
dude i dont use any of that shit....i just use my skills in order to not get hurt...i roll around rough but the most i ever get is sore muscles and matburn sometimes.

i laugh at the newbs at the academy who don all this equipment , look corny and then display no skills...

i hope you arent one of those lol

Well not really, but the instructor told me to purchase this stuff?
I wanted to get some nice shorts because I knew I would be doing it for a while, but I think a cup is good too just in case.

Fiction said:
muay thai 1x a week? BJJ 2x a week? you need to train more tough guy, thats not gonna cut it!!

If it was up to me I would be in there all the time!
I'm working and going to school right now though so I fit it in when I can :)

If ya need another pair of shorts try nogi.com Shorts are MADE to MMA and have really excellent fabric. I've had mine over a year and they are like the day I got them. Bite Me mouth guards are crazy expensive but also the best.

its hardly motor racin even mountain biken is dearern than fuckn martial arts.Unless u get private lessons it aint that dear fuck sake.

You will need steroids too. They cost a lot. The big problem is that like vitamins they dont last long. Try to find a good dealer who has a good reputation. Work out a deal on buying them in mass. You should be able to get a good discount this way.

cable guy said:
You will need steroids too. They cost a lot. The big problem is that like vitamins they dont last long. Try to find a good dealer who has a good reputation. Work out a deal on buying them in mass. You should be able to get a good discount this way.

what a useless post...it's not even funny

xdaniel67x said:
what a useless post...it's not even funny
Sorry i was'nt taking life seriously enough there for a moment

yermaw said:
its hardly motor racin even mountain biken is dearern than fuckn martial arts.Unless u get private lessons it aint that dear fuck sake.

^^^

What language is that??? :icon_cry2

Definitely worth it to hbuy nicer stuff, but you don't want to be the guy who has EVERYTHING and no skills. Sprawl shorts are very good and will last forever. I would not skimp on the mouthguard either.

Back