so i read the list of death toll from wars..

Some people seem to forget that Russia not fought only Germany, but the Axis.

They first fought Japan and kicked their butt in the Far East.

Then they fought Finland.

Then they were invaded by Germany... with the aid of the armies of Italy, Hungary, Romania and Finland.
They also had dutch, belgian, french, spanish, croat, austrian, slovak, czech, latvian, lithuanian, estonian and yugoslavian brigades and divisions made up of volunteers.
At one point during the war, they even had ukranian and belorussian brigades.

It's kind of what Serbia had to fight against when the NATO supported the Kosovo terrorist regime. It was a multinational force. But Russia is no Serbia.

Then, after winning in Europe, they went on to face (and obliterating) the actual japanese army, which was in mainland Asia in a matter of weeks.

That's all true, but it didn't help that their strategy relied on their massive number of troops. They had twice as many KIA on the Eastern front compared to the Axis, and they lost more men in the Battle of Stalingrad than the entire Axis had in the battle.

Salute to the fallen soldier of the Coconut War.

lol@ the Coconut War

Salute to the fallen soldier of the Coconut War.

cab.png

funny you say this.

my older sister is a Math teacher. the strangest part is that my 8th grade English teacher is now her colleague & one of her best friends.

so I was once catching up with her & giving her praise, now that I'm an adult & the whole thing skewed to how horrible how some teachers are. now keep in mind there are a bunch of teachers in this discussion (attending my niece's birthday party) - they all kept on going how a LOT of teachers teach based on bias ridden principles, inappropriately so, that they feel are important to them, & not necessarily for the children themselves. more specifically, how a lot of Jewish teachers teach children how wrong WWII was almost only for those that are Jewish, & how much they had to persevere etc. a lot of these teachers in the discussion were Jewish too believe me, but what fucking blew my mind is that when I recall my school years it completely fucking applies. everything was centered around the how the Jewish suffered & persevered, like that was of core importance. I'm not saying we shouldn't have learned about that but for that to be taught to be of core importance is disheartening.

anyways, it warms my heart thinking about these teachers, who I deem to be true teachers who care nothing more than to instill appropriate values to these children at such a young age, to help better pave their lives accordingly. sadly, they are the royal minority.

Complete ignorance of the Armenian Genocide absolutely disgusts me as well. The fact the govts of the US and UK don't acknowledge is just all you need to know about the bias.

Some people seem to forget that Russia not fought only Germany, but the Axis.

They first fought Japan and kicked their butt in the Far East.

Then they fought Finland.

Then they were invaded by Germany... with the aid of the armies of Italy, Hungary, Romania and Finland.
They also had dutch, belgian, french, spanish, croat, austrian, slovak, czech, latvian, lithuanian, estonian and yugoslavian brigades and divisions made up of volunteers.
At one point during the war, they even had ukranian and belorussian brigades.

It's kind of what Serbia had to fight against when the NATO supported the Kosovo terrorist regime. It was a multinational force. But Russia is no Serbia.

Then, after winning in Europe, they went on to face (and obliterating) the actual japanese army, which was in mainland Asia in a matter of weeks.

+ Russian Nazi Army. There were like 1+ million russians/cossacs fighting for Germans.

According to some apocryphal tale, Chairman Mao Zedong once thanked a Japanese politician for the Japanese invasion of China when they met at a political summit. His reasoning? The Japanese invasion kept the Nationalists occupied which in turn gave the Chinese Communist Party the upper hand during their civil war. He also claimed that China was becoming way too overpopulated with 500+ million people so a few million dead was actually economically beneficial for the country. Not saying it is true but if it was, wow that's pretty fucked up shit.

If you read up on Mao this would not surprise you. He was a wicked and brutally violent individual who had no qualms about sacrificing multiple generations of humans in order to meet his long term goals.

Diablo Ryu's PM Box blew up.

731 and the rape of Nanking are pretty well known.

Now getting the Japanese Government to admit it, well, is a bit difficult.

The Japanese government have this victim mentality due to the fact that their country was nuked.

It's pathetically hypocritical if you think about it. They are the first to whine and complain about how atrocious it was for their civilian population to get nuked but when it comes to facing their own military atrocities against neighboring peoples, they either overlook it or deny it completely.

This is the reason why nobody in the world feels sorry about Hiroshima and Nagasaki especially China and Korea.

The Japanese government have this victim mentality due to the fact that their country was nuked.

It's pathetically hypocritical if you think about it. They are the first to whine and complain about how atrocious it was for their civilian population to get nuked but when it comes to facing their own military atrocities against neighboring peoples, they either overlook it or deny it completely.

This is the reason why nobody in the world feels sorry about Hiroshima and Nagasaki especially China and Korea.

:icon_neut

If you read up on Mao this would not surprise you. He was a wicked and brutally violent individual who had no qualms about sacrificing multiple generations of humans in order to meet his long term goals.

Your mistake is you are seeing him through Western eyes.
I gotta go, but I'll expand on this later.

PaleBlueDot2.jpg

"Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity -- in all this vastness -- there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. It is up to us. It's been said that astronomy is a humbling, and I might add, a character-building experience. To my mind, there is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to preserve and cherish that pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known."
-Karl Sagin

That picture always throws me for a loop

I wonder how many will die in the next world war. With the nature of humans, in a long enough timeline it will happen.

I wonder how many will die in the next world war. With the nature of humans, in a long enough timeline it will happen.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

lol to bad WW3 probably wont be nuclear. Just like during the cold war, there was only a limit to how many nukes would be used.

Back