So how does Fedor vs Cormier go? (In 2010)

I cant believe how delusional some of you are.

Fedor has only won once in a cage and you think he would beat Cormier?

Cormier beats Fedor in a cage 10/10 times with ease. Crazy to think Fedor even has a remote chance to beat DC in a cage.

In reality, most top 10 HWs would beat Fedor in a cage, prime or no prime. Guy wasnt a cage fighter.

What's with people saying fedor by knockout? For one Cormier is one of the harder fighters to hit and secondly it's not like fedor is a knockout machine he has 10 career wins by KO/TKO and his biggest knockout wins are against AA and Bert Rogers, two subpar heavyweight fighters not particularly known for being hard to put away.

You mean the barnett that failed his drug test for the fedor fight? Randleman, ogawa and werdum are better grapplers than anyone on that list that was around in fedor time, and he fought them all. (Seriously, criticing fedor for not fighting cain or cormier is like criticising chuck for ducking jones)

um,no. werdum tapped fedor,but couldn't tap nog 1st time. mir had no problem tapping nog or ko'ing him. lol @ randleman/ogawa being better FIGHTERS than anyone on that list.

Fuck it, I'll bite.

You would think someone with your join date would know better. The most hilarious part of your post is that Fedor didn't fight any legit HW's, yet he beat a good deal of them including Nog who beat Barnett, Ricco, Randy and Hendo LOL.

Barnett had a chance to fight Fedor in PRIDE and declined, he also had a chance to fight him in Affliction and got busted for something not legal, too bad he didn't have your confidence or otherwise he would have been clean. Randy was supposed to fight him as well the fisrt time the fight didn't happen because of contract issue's, the second time it didn't happen because Randy declined the fight, and according to Randy himself it was supposed to be his biggest payday, wonder why he declined that one....

Fedor was clearly past his prime in the Arlovski fight, even his trainers mentioned him slowing down and that reaction is not what it used to be. Of course you would know better than the people that train him. Hendo's win was great and nobody can take that away from him, however he didn't beat a undefeated Fedor.

The rest of your post is pure speculation. I can just as easily say Fedor would KO all of them easily.

you're right he beat Nog,whom he outweighed,outquicked and out powered. but,who are all these other legit hw's of which he beat most of? hammer was near 40 and had already washed out of the ufc.cro-cop couldn't spell ground game and was exposed the second he got to the ufc. randleman was a blown up lhw and also past his prime. and let's not forget fedor ducked a replacement Vitor in affliction. hmmm that handspeed probably ko'ed fedor confidence.

lol @ fedor beating any legit hw. he avoided skilled wresters like the plague...big cat,barnett,ricco,randy,hendo(you see how that went)...

Coleman, Randleman, Fujita, all good wrestlers

Try again sonny.

guys like cain,gonzaga,mir,dc,lesnar,carwin all take him down and brutalize him.

Cain= doesn't have the striking, grappling or chin
Mir = destroyed by Vera, Pe de Pano
Gonzaga = low tier
Brock Lesnar = low tier, panicks when punched
Carwin= low tier tier
DC= couldn't finish 2013 Mir.

Very easy fights for prime Fedor.

Try again sonny.

Cain= doesn't have the striking, grappling or chin
Mir = destroyed by Vera, Pe de Pano
Gonzaga = low tier
Brock Lesnar = low tier, panicks when punched
Carwin= low tier tier
DC= couldn't finish 2013 Mir.

Very easy fights for prime Fedor.

Claude, you need counseling your family is very worried about your unhealthy obsession with Fedor, they think it might lead you to committing terrible acts against Anderson Silva do to jealousy that he is better, wealthier, and more proven than Fedor.

Thing is they all took Fedor down with ease (plus fujita wasnt that good), Cormier is more accomplished in wrestling, faster, knows how to set up his take downs and most importantly knows some actual BJJ/Sub defence.

Cormier would beat Prime Fedor.

you're right he beat Nog,whom he outweighed,outquicked and out powered. but,who are all these other legit hw's of which he beat most of? hammer was near 40 and had already washed out of the ufc.cro-cop couldn't spell ground game and was exposed the second he got to the ufc. randleman was a blown up lhw and also past his prime. and let's not forget fedor ducked a replacement Vitor in affliction. hmmm that handspeed probably ko'ed fedor confidence.

He was outweighed only by a few pounds, nothing that would make a huge difference, he didn't only beat Nog, he dominated him in every aspect of MMA.

Cro Cop, Randleman, Coleman I, Arlovski who was riding a nice win streak, Sylvia and a top 5 Herring just to name a few. I wouldn't say CC had a bad ground game at all, at the time the only man to submit him was Nog who is widely considered to be one of the greatest submission artist in MMA. Cro Cops fight against Gonzaga ruined him, I wouldn't say he got exposed, I would say that age has caught up with him, the man had over 50 fights when he came to the UFC, that and the cage is a different setting than the ring which had a lot to do with him losing as well. I wouldn't say Randleman was past his prime either before losing to two highly ranked fighters in Saku and Page he was riding a 5 fight win streak and before fighting Fedor he KO'd CC and that's what earned him a fight against Fedor.

Vitor turned down Mousasi in Affliction and you expect me to believe Fedor turned Vitor down? Nice try.

you're right he beat Nog,whom he outweighed,outquicked and out powered.

Only by 6 lbs in the 3rd fight.

hammer was near 40 and had already washed out

Was top ranked.

of the ufc.cro-cop couldn't spell ground game and was exposed the second he got to the ufc.

Out of prime.

randleman was a blown up lhw and also past his prime.

UFC HW champion, top ranked at the time, world class wrestler.

and let's not forget fedor ducked a replacement Vitor in affliction.

He was 1-5 in last 6 LHW fights. Why would he fight a can?

Exposed.

Claude, you need counseling your family is very worried about your unhealthy obsession with Fedor, they think it might lead you to committing terrible acts against Anderson Silva do to jealousy that he is better, wealthier, and more proven than Fedor.

Didn't read, lol

Thing is they all took Fedor down with ease (plus fujita wasnt that good), Cormier is more accomplished in wrestling, faster, knows how to set up his take downs and most importantly knows some actual BJJ/Sub defence.

Cormier would beat Prime Fedor.

They were all subbed with ease too.

Cormier couldn't finish 2013 Mir, who has no chin, and is slow and awkward. Seriously, when i watch Mir fight, sometimes i think i accidently pressed the slowmo on the remote.

Comier's is good and all, but his chances of beating or finishing a prime Fedor would be practically non-existent.

Prime Fedor was soundly out grappled by a 205er in Arona, yet he gets a pass for that but Jones gets criticized for completely dominating Vitor and Chael, who are better than Arona ever was, because they are "middleweights".

Prime Fedor was soundly out grappled by a 205er in Arona, yet he gets a pass for that but Jones gets criticized for completely dominating Vitor and Chael, who are better than Arona ever was, because they are "middleweights".

I wouldn't say "Prime" he'd only been fighting MMA for less than a year at that point and was still rather tactically na

Newbie post.

Fedor was definitely on the down slide around this time and Cormier was destroying the entire SF heavyweight roster one by one, including a guy who finished Fedor.

So how do you think this match up would have gone down? I'm a big Fedor fan and I have much respect and awe for his career but even in 2010 he wasn't the same terminator he was in Pride. I'd have to go with DC by UD.

Thoughts, my homies?

Cormier gets Fedor agaisnt the fence, keeps him there and does enough damage to get the majority decision. One judges give it to Fedor because he is Fedor.

Heath Herring controlled Fedor with top game once he reversed him, Fedor is poor off of his back unless its against guys like Coleman and Randleman who didn't train to defend submissions which today everybody does. How many times nowadays at high level mma do fighters win by armbar from their guard? Yes, I know a fedor defeated Randleman by Kimura.

Heath Herring controlled Fedor with top game once he reversed him, Fedor is poor off of his back unless its against guys like Coleman and Randleman who didn't train to defend submissions which today everybody does. How many times nowadays at high level mma do fighters win by armbar from their guard? Yes, I know a fedor defeated Randleman by Kimura.

Herring was ontop for about a min after being blasted for the previous 9 and didn't really land anything significant that Fedor would have needed to escape quickly from. Lets remember of course that Herring was an amazing sweeper in his day and very dangerous from the top.

Coleman is as we saw even very late in his career in the UFC far from clueless against submissions and that armbar is something very few fighters today could hit given how few have the kind of Judo background he did.

Fedor swept Randleman before subbing him, far from an easier thing to do, he also swept Nog multiple times in the first match which was one of the most dangerous things to attempt in MMA back in the day.

Daniel Cormier would destroy any version of Fedor their has ever been.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back