So Greg Jackson thinks Holm is ready..

8pider8

Yellow Belt
Banned
Reaction score
No doubt he had a say in the decision to take this fight and Holly strikes me as the type to really trust in her coaches guidance. Jackson, who guided Bones(LHW Champ) to NOT take a fight with Sonnen(MW) is now guiding perhaps the greatest prospect in the womens BW division to take on the mighty Ronda, a lot earlier than most people expected..

This is intriguing.

Jackson has proven to be highly effective especially when working with highly talented athletes and I think we can categorize Holm as such. Superior vision, gameplanning, mentoring, cornering, etc, like him or not, the fact that he is a part of this makes it that much more interesting. I'm the furthest thing from a Jackson fan and I'll never forget how he shit on 151's parade but they dont call him the 'mad genius' for nothing.

Ultimately, Jackson believes Holly can beat Ronda, as premature as that may appear and he's willing to jump the gun to prove it... or they just want the payday.

Mike Winklejohn is her real coach. He's been A #1 for her since day one. Greg Jackson is simply a bit player there. Make no mistake about it.. nobody is ready for Rousey, but if anyone beats her it's going to be on the feet and it's going to be Holm or Cyborg. I thought Meisha did ok when she avoided rushing in and being ragdolled repeatedly. She rocked Ronda several times on the feet and her striking isn't shit compared to Holm.

I've wanted to see Gina vs Ronda for years. I'd put Gina in there with Holly and Cyborg.

From a while ago:

Ronda tallking Gina - “Well, I want to win, of course. That’s how every fight goes down. But my coach said from the start that Gina is the worst style matchup for me. I’m not just saying that. I don’t have to worry about fighters outmuscling or overwhelming me or catching me on the mat. The only thing I have to worry about is the one-punch knockout. And out of all of the women in MMA, Gina has the best feel for distance and timing...​

Jackson: "no, she's not ready"

Thats a good way to sell a fight.

He also trains Jason Guida and presumably believes he is ready for any mma fights.

Jackson is an idiot, there is no way Holly beats Ronda. Fucking n00b.

Anyway, I've been busy for these past couple of weeks so I haven't had a chance to watch the fight on DVR avoiding all spoilers.

Jackson: "no, she's not ready"

Thats a good way to sell a fight.

The fight doesn't need to be sold until it needs to be sold. They could have easily said no like they've done before. Now, they say they are ready and that's exciting given their cautionary ways.

Anyway, I've been busy for these past couple of weeks so I haven't had a chance to watch the fight on DVR avoiding all spoilers.

giphy.gif

The fight doesn't need to be sold until it needs to be sold. They could have easily said no like they've done before. Now, they say they are ready and that's exciting given their cautionary ways.

Trust me I would love to see Holm win, but that's just how it sounds. I hope he's right.

Wow, enjoy your post-moron.

Didn't he say the same thing about Tim Kennedy being ready to face Anderson Silva? [in his prime]

Jesus Christ you people suck

We suck? Who's the idiot visiting an MMA forum who is trying to avoid spoilers about MMA fights? Your logic is so cluster-fucked it defies comprehension.

NO way! Biased opinion is biased.

Ask him if he'd drop 1 mil on Holm. No way in hell.

We suck? Who's the idiot visiting an MMA forum who is trying to avoid spoilers about MMA fights? Your logic is so cluster-fucked it defies comprehension.

I think he was joking.

Big difference between being the champ and rejecting a fight, and being a challenger.

If Holm turned it down, the UFC would just hand her other risky, much less lucrative match-ups.

He told Jones not to take Sonnen because it wasn't enough money. By holding off, he got to do TUF with chael (best recent TUF), promote the fight and make way more $$.

Had he taken chael as a late replacement for hendo, he would have made peanuts.

Lol. If the UFC wants your fighter to face Rousey, you say, how high.

Holm is making bank. She's going to flop, get arm barred and then buy a house or something.

samsonite-i-was-way-off-o.gif

c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif

Ever heard a drug dealer saying " this is the worst stuff you can get " ?

it's always dynamite

Holm is making bank. She's going to flop, get arm barred and then buy a house or something.

Haha you just copied Rondas words (watch the "THIS ronda quote before the Holm fight" thread).
Change your fucking sig dipshit.

He'd be a poor coach, and a jerk, if he said otherwise; the fight's already set.

He's her coach what do you expect.

I believe the consensus was that Holly wanted another fight or two, she has hinted this much in each of her post-fight comments. Then, I think it was about a month ago, Jackson is quoted as saying that Holm would be ready for Ronda by the end of the year. It seems that have lobbied for this fight and I don't think they did it out of haste. Nobody was expecting it, there is no reason to rush. The only thing that makes sense to me is that they know something we dont... or they just want the payday. Holly turns 34 in one month.

Mike Winklejohn is her real coach. He's been A #1 for her since day one. Greg Jackson is simply a bit player there. Make no mistake about it.. nobody is ready for Rousey, but if anyone beats her it's going to be on the feet and it's going to be Holm or Cyborg. I thought Meisha did ok when she avoided rushing in and being ragdolled repeatedly. She rocked Ronda several times on the feet and her striking isn't shit compared to Holm.

doubt he'd drop 5K on her winning

lol, he wouldn't even bet a sandwich on her he's so poor.

Sad.

Ronda is a losing bet now.

So happy for Holly who's family/friends etc won much betting on her :)

Ever heard a drug dealer saying " this is the worst stuff you can get " ?

it's always dynamite

Ever heard of a Ufc event being cancelled?

The show must go on... unless Greg tells his fighter it would be the 'biggest mistake of their career.'

I love seeing a bunch of people who believe they are the smartest MMA fans in the room always make absolute statements like "Holm has no chance".

It makes them look extra foolish when they are wrong. lol

Ever heard of a Ufc event being cancelled?

The show must go on... unless Greg tells his fighter it would be the 'biggest mistake of their career.'

Yes a ufc event has been canceled

Haha, love these bump threads. Except for the BJ Penn ones I was a part of. Feel your pain bros, but still lol.

Back