So Glover "Davis'd" OSP, and complained when Davis Davis'd Glover

spamming takedowns to destroy and finish =/ spamming takedowns to LnP

In the Davis/Glover fight, Phil fought smart and went for Tds and won,
In the OSP/glover fight, Glover fought smart and went for Tds and won.
That's comparible

Well, that's kind of all he does. He goes for TD's and then not much more. Glover did a lot more than just go for TD's, and he inflicted damage and got the sub. Worlds apart.

Why is it? In the glover/Davis fight glover wanted to stand and bang and Phil wrestlefucked him. Point of the thread was glover didn't stand and bang with osp. That is the whole point. Nothing more, nothing less. Never did i say glovers Gnp was phils Lnp

Phil fought smart and went for Tds and won, glover fought smart and went for Tds and won.
That's comparible

I dont know about that, sounds like you had a opinion and when everyone flamed and disagreed you backed out.

You called Glover a hypocrite btw. If the point of the thread was they fought the same way vs dangerous stand up fighters then you should have said that. You came off very critical of Glover for no reason

Maybe it's the higher caliber of opponents but he doesn't even try to finish opponents anymore.

To say a fighter "doesn't even try" to finish is stupid.

You think they want to be in their any longer than they need to be?

Glover won 3 of his last 5 by either submissions or tko
Davis won 3 of his last 5 by decision...
How can this be comparable?!
wpid-wee-bey-oh-shit1.gif

I don't know why people have a problem with Phil Davis. The dude did what was required for him to win fights.

You gotta do what you gotta do. I knew OSP was going to get out wrestled but I didn't know he was going to gas so badly. I think he was more weathering the storm.

that requirement got him cut...

Kinda crap though.....you know, cutting a top 5 guy in a weak ass division, coming off a close loss to another blanket.

GSP did the same shit for years.

Which is preferred - go for the finish and risk getting subbed, or do what's winning fights and hope you don't get cut??

Glover finishes lower ranked opponents when he fought good fighters hes been dominated both times

OSP is not a lower ranked opponent and he finished Bader, who Davis lost to and furthermore was unable to hurt him at ALL....

oh, wait.. when has Davis hurt anyone? :)

To say a fighter "doesn't even try" to finish is stupid.

You think they want to be in their any longer than they need to be?

Apparently that's how some guys operate since they seem to play it safe for the judge's decision. Lots of them have been accused of point fighting and stalling so I think it's not an uncommon tactic.

For Davis I think it's more that he faced tougher competition since he was able to sub the one non-grappler/non-top 10 guy he faced in Prado.

Back