So Glover "Davis'd" OSP, and complained when Davis Davis'd Glover

for a 2003 account you are pretty stupid dude

If that sentence is confusing, allow me to explain. When Phil was spamming takedowns against Glover (and finishing them), Glover was giving like wtf, trade punches with me u pussy expressions to Phil. Lol then he pretty much does the same thing to osp. Just sayin, Ahhhh hypocritical behaviour is fun isn't it ?

Glover finished OSP.

Davis can't finish a sandwich.

You absolutely make zero sense.

In the Davis/Glover fight, Phil fought smart and went for Tds and won,
In the OSP/glover fight, Glover fought smart and went for Tds and won.
That's comparible

I'm really confused here. Are you saying Glover fought OSP the same way Davis fought Glover? B/c it's not even remotely the same unless you think every person who takes someone else down is the exact same. That's like saying anyone who throws a punch is the exact same fighter.

Glover took OSP down and smashed him. He changed positions and attack. All Davis ever did/does it take people down and hold on for dear life. Glover is exciting, Davis was boring.

I'm really confused here. Are you saying Glover fought OSP the same way Davis fought Glover? B/c it's not even remotely the same unless you think every person who takes someone else down is the exact same. That's like saying anyone who throws a punch is the exact same fighter.

Glover took OSP down and smashed him. He changed positions and attack. All Davis ever did/does it take people down and hold on for dear life. Glover is exciting, Davis was boring.

no. I agree I didn't word it very well, not very well at all. Especially in the thread title. anyways. point was in each fight the victor (fought effectively) went for TD's, and won. Glvoer was mad that phil was controlling him on the ground and wanted to stand and bang. while he had a guy that wanted to stand and bang (osp) but glover opted out and went for TD's.

Glover isn't just a brawler. He hits hard, grapples, and has a solid submission game. Almost no one in the division looks good against Jones. Davis had the wrestling, atheism, and speed advantage. Davis was content on holding him down and doing just enough to win points on the ground. Glover aims to finish in all positions.

In the Davis/Glover fight, Phil fought smart and went for Tds and won,
In the OSP/glover fight, Glover fought smart and went for Tds and won.
That's comparible

In Davis/Glover, Glover fought a black guy in an octagon. everyone wore shorts.
In Glover/OSP, Glover fought a black guy in an octagon. everyone wore shorts.

they're practically the same fight!

Saying, "these fights are similar if you ignore all the ways they're different" doesn't make your point valid or good.

no. I agree I didn't word it very well, not very well at all. Especially in the thread title. anyways. point was in each fight the victor (fought effectively) went for TD's, and won. Glvoer was mad that phil was controlling him on the ground and wanted to stand and bang. while he had a guy that wanted to stand and bang (osp) but glover opted out and went for TD's.

OK. Now that I can understand. I mean I don't necessarily agree b/c there are a ton of fights and fighters that go for takedowns. But I do understand what you are saying. Glover shouldn't complain about a guy exploiting the rules and exploiting Glover's weakness if Glover turns around and does it to OSP.

That being said I do understand Glover's complain with Davis though. Davis was just there to wrestle and hold him. OSP can't complain b/c Glover was there to beat the crap out of OSP. There was a big difference in intent IMO. Fighters don't typically complain if someone is out there to try and finish them. THey only complain if they are being stalled and outpointed with no real intent to finish.

glover was mad that phil wasn't trying to improve position or finish the fight. When a guy is just holding you down, it's very hard to grapple with him because he's not creating any openings for you to work on. glover wanted it stood back up because that's what is supposed to happen when someone is stalling the fight like that.

Glover is aggressive as fuck on top and finishes fights whenever he gets there

Lol that's a desperate conclusion. Glover has some of the best GnP at lhw man. The guy is monster in top control. He doesn't fight to "score points" like davis, he fights to win & finish

Riveting OP. Seriously. Thought it was a white belt thread...nope...an 03 account.

Glover is aggressive as fuck on top and finishes fights whenever he gets there

That's one thing Quinton said after fighting Glover. Yeah, he got taken down, but as Quinton said, Glover was trying to finish him on the ground. Not just lay there.

me and alexxx sitting beside each other on the bus

I prolly shoulda worded it better. Sherdoggers shred that shit up. oh well.

I take what I said back then :icon_chee

either way, this fight in my opinion felt like it was not going the distance from the first minutes or so, could sense an urgency in both fighters..

Back