So Flynn was indeed setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you settle for the words of Strzok, Pientka, and McCabe? Cause they all said Flynn didn’t lie in the interview.

Indeed, it was a Soviet-style charade. A political prosecution in search of a crime. How on earth did this happen? America is supposed to be better than that.

Trump said Flynn was a liar too, just so we are clear. Flynn lied to Trumps administration, and the FBI about his contact with the Russian ambassador. Flynn was fired for lying. Flynn pled guilty to lying. Pretty clear Flynn is a liar.

Obama did warn Trump not to hire Flynn.
<Fedor23>

What a joke. Obama fired Flynn in 2014 then had his corrupt deep state cronies snipe him out of Trump's administration with impunity...until now that is.

McCabe was interviewed by Mueller’s team and told them after the interview, Strzok and Pientka returned to FBI and briefed McCabe, both saying that Flynn seemed “very credible” in his responses.

Matthew Axelrod was also interviewed by Mueller’s team and told them that Strzok
“provided Axelrod and others a readout of the interview.” Also saying, “Strzok provided his view that Flynn appeared truthful during the interview.”

this stuff is all in the docs released this week if you care to look.

Appeared truthful isn't the same as being truthful.

Your quoting the agents initial interpretations of Flynn's interview. But it is an uncontested fact that when asked about his meeting with russians, Flynn lied, on multiple occasions.

You know that the went out and checked on what he told them after the interview right? That the initial interviewers opinions were not the FBI's final findings?

Half you guys are arguing that Flynn never lied, and the other half are admitting he lied and calling it a perjury trap. It would be helpful if we had just one bullshit narrative to dispute, and you guys don't seem bothered at all that his defenders are arguing too entirely different set of facts.

Lefties taking the L hard ITT.

Nah. We got a couple of lefties putting in that work. The rest is just @IngaVovchanchyn lying and getting called on it while playing dumb. And then you and S&MBJ sniping from the sides while hoping you don't get sucked into another account bet you'd end up welching on.

At the end of the day, anyone who care can just look at the DOJ memo regarding Flynn. And the argument they make is that while Flynn lied to prosecutors, that lie was not "material." You read that right. In an investigation into whether or not the Trump campaign coordinated with the Russians during the 2016 election, the DOJ thinks the Trump campaign's former advisor lying to the FBI about meeting with russians, was somehow not material.

It carries the same legal brilliance as Barr declaring that Mueller's report vindicated Trump, while in the next breadth admitting that he hadn't even read the document.

Partisans will cheer, the honest will laugh at them, and the world will move on without you really having triggered anyone.

Last edited:
You never read the actual report, this is clear. It was provided for you in posts above. There were also more than two phone calls, and Flynn lied about it all, then plead guilty. And I've yet to even hear a coherent argument as to how he was somehow coerced.

Here it is again:
https://www.justice.gov/file/1015126/download

Would you also like a tutorial on how to access pdf files?

Also, I'm not on a moral high ground. Trumpers, absent character or ethics, always like to assume everyone else is taking a grand moral position in calling out basic lies.

I get that just saying over and over and over again that I didn't read it is your only real argument. I read the report. You failed, as usual to address anything I said outside of "but... but... here is the report" I know what's in the report. The report is what is being disputed. I know that's hard.

Your quoting the agents initial interpretations of Flynn's interview. But it is an uncontested fact that when asked about his meeting with russians, Flynn lied, on multiple occasions.

You know that the went out and checked on what he told them after the interview right? That the initial interviewers opinions were not the FBI's final findings?

Half you guys are arguing that Flynn never lied, and the other half are admitting he lied and calling it a perjury trap. It would be helpful if we had just one bullshit narrative to dispute, and you guys don't seem bothered at all that his defenders are arguing too entirely different set of facts.

Nah. We got a couple of lefties putting in that work. The rest is just @IngaVovchanchyn lying and getting called on it while playing dumb. And then you and S&MBJ sniping from the sides while hoping you don't get sucked into another account bet you'd end up welching on.

At the end of the day, anyone who care can just look at the DOJ memo regarding Flynn. And the argument they make is that while Flynn lied to prosecutors, that lie was not "material." You read that right. In an investigation into whether or not the Trump campaign coordinated with the Russians during the 2016 election, the DOJ thinks the Trump campaign's former advisor lying to the FBI about meeting with russians, was somehow not material.

It carries the same legal brilliance as Barr declaring that Mueller's report vindicated Trump, while in the next breadth admitting that he hadn't even read the document.

Partisans will cheer, the honest will laugh at them, and the world will move on without you really having triggered anyone.

Because the FBI itself had already determined at that point that there was and had not been any evidence of collusion with Russia and was about to close the case and was fishing for literally any reason to keep the case open. You get that part right? And that was in January of 2016. You also get that part, right? That's why it isn't material. They had no reason to talk to Flynn to begin with.

The foriegn agent Flynn pled guilty twice to lying. He was also fired for lying about it by Trumps Administration. Feeling some one "appeared truthful" and "very credible" is not the same as them being those two things.

You are using the wrong defense. It is clear the Flynn lied, you are supposed to be arguing that it isnt a crime to lie to the FBI.
Re you saying that Trump trusted the intelligence agencies?

I'm confused. Did Flynn lie to the FBI or not?

Re you saying that Trump trusted the intelligence agencies?

I'm saying that Trumps hand picked DOJ admits that Flynn lied to the FBI. Trump publicly called Flynn a liar. Flynn pled guilty twice to lying to the FBI. Yet we still have people claiming Flynn didnt lie.

I'm saying that Trumps hand picked DOJ admits that Flynn lied to the FBI. Trump publicly called Flynn a liar. Flynn pled guilty twice to lying to the FBI. Yet we still have people claiming Flynn didnt lie.
The new documents show very clearly that the facts in the Flynn case were extremely misrepresented by the FBI and other national enforcement agencies. It might be worth noting the shit Brennan and Clapper were spewing to the MSM AFTER testifying to the exact opposite under oath.
Just admit that Comey, Stroc, clapper and friends went full retard here and move on.

wrong.

they didn’t go check on things after the interview, they checked on them before the interview. They had the transcript of the call with Kislyak, they already knew what was said, and McCabe said turning the call into a Logan act violation was, “a stretch.” They went ahead with the interview because trying to get Flynn into the perjury trap was their last shot at him, but both agents and McCabe said Flynn wasn’t deceptive and they believed he may have actually just forgotten or confused some details. They put that in writing. Then Peter Strzok subsequently edited Pientka’s notes (302) taken during the interview, multiple times, to the point he texted Page that he was afraid of wiping Pientka’s voice completely away in the notes. Pientka’s unedited 302 is MIA. They even misrepresented the final draft of the notes in court as being Strzok’s, not Pientka’s, and had to correct themselves later.

Then they hid all of that info from Flynn and told him to plead guilty or they’d go after his son, which they also lied to the court about.

Feel free to argue any of those facts. Or just respond with a wall of generalized wrongness again.

pled but wasn’t sentenced, moved to withdraw his plea once his new competent attorney began to uncover all the heinous shit the FBI had done to obtain the plea.

i assume you’re also demanding the Central Park 5 go back to prison? They plead guilty in open court after all.

"Sed lex, Dura lex"

<TheDonald>

And the DOJ memo doesn’t say he lied but it was immaterial. It said, Flynn’s statements were immaterial “even if untrue.”

Further saying, “Moreover, we do not believe the Government can prove the relevant false statements OR their materiality beyond a reasonable doubt.”

so they don’t believe they can prove he lied to begin with but even if he did, it wasn’t material, is what it actually says.

for people claiming to have read the document ya’ll seem to be misreading some pretty clear text.

Last edited:
I just like how he kept replying with gifs. If the TDS thread had a wanted poster he'd have a bounty of at least $3.50 sherdollars.
Thought we switched to these back in '14

2XvCgau.png

Nope. Got the wrong one for that. I have a lot of issues with the FBI and government in general, but this seems pretty straightforward. There's a several page admission statement in this case. I go where the evidence is. If someone is unjustly convicted I have an issue, but I don't see that.

It seems like a situation where Flynn and his son were caught in a car with drugs. Flynn lied about knowing about drugs in the car when they have his text messages discussing drugs. Police say well if nobody wants to claim these drugs then both you go to jail. Flynn then takes ownership of drugs. Gets a plea deal in exchange for information against drug dealer.

@NC252 and oh really? His attorney is advocating for him? Go figure. You know why he's going to the public with his case? Because he knows he can convince idiots to try this case in the court of public opinion and not on the facts of the case.
The Mueller inquiry was a political hack job that has been and is being exposed as we speak. Get your head out of your ass. Everything Mueller did will be overturned.

“And the fact that there is no precedent that anybody can find for someone who has been charged with perjury just getting off scot-free,” Obama said. Flynn was charged with making false statements to the FBI, not perjury.

“That’s the kind of stuff where you begin to get worried that basic—not just institutional norms—but our basic understanding of rule of law is at risk,” Obama added. “And when you start moving in those directions, it can accelerate pretty quickly as we’ve seen in other places.”
https://m.theepochtimes.com/obama-s...es-to-dismiss-case-against-flynn_3344620.html

So according to Obama "our basic understanding of rule of law" entails government actors trying to get people to lie as a means to the end of destroying our lives?

Lied and pled guilty to it.

unless you believe the FBI saying he didn’t, and the DOJ saying they wouldn’t be able to prove it, and the plea would have been allowed to be withdrawn by the judge regardless of the case being dropped. There’s a reason Van Grack withdrew and ran for the hills. He straight up lied to the court about what they did to obtain the plea. The documents came out showing that and he promptly withdrew from the case and ran away.

Don’t be surprised if/when he gets disbarred, btw.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/obama-s...es-to-dismiss-case-against-flynn_3344620.html

So according to Obama "our basic understanding of rule of law" entails government actors trying to get people to lie as a means to the end of destroying our lives?

I don't necessarily agree with your characterization of these circumstances but prosecutors and law enforcement set these kinda of things up all the time. Look at things like how Mayor Barry was set up or the abscam case. This is common practice. Look how Clinton was blindsided with the Lewinsky stuff when being questioned about an unrelated financial matter. This shit happens all the time.

unless you believe the FBI saying he didn’t, and the DOJ saying they wouldn’t be able to prove it, and the plea would have been allowed to be withdrawn by the judge regardless of the case being dropped. There’s a reason Van Grack withdrew and ran for the hills. He straight up lied to the court about what they did to obtain the plea. The documents came out showing that and he promptly withdrew from the case and ran away.

Don’t be surprised if/when he gets disbarred, btw.

He pled guilty. He was a general right? If he was innocent he would have stood up for himself and said I didn't do it and went to trial rather than admit guilt. He admitted he was guilty. The rest is spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back