So Far Cry Primal comes out today...

Lights Out 101

Living Deliciously
@Black
Reaction score
Has anyone here played it or bought it? I'm contemplating whether to buy it or not. I hear mixed reviews.

Man this game has no buzz at all
Im a pick it up in the next few days just because theres absolutely nothing else out now to play on XBone
I loved 3 and liked 4 but was getting tired of the same gameplay towards the end of 4 though so I dont have high expectations for this one

I'll probably wait for the price to go down. Loved 3, bought 4 and haven't gotten to it yet. Got a bit of a game backlog going.

Meh, it's weird. I'm don't see prehistoric weapons going very far in an FPS game.

Went to Game Stop to buy it and they had a shitload of copies sitting there on the counter but they said they were all reserved for pre orders so he couldnt sell me one
They also didnt have Rise Of Tomb Raider in stock so I left with nothing
This is like the third time in a row I've had a less than amazing experience dealing with Game Stop
Guess they figure they'll be outta business soon so fuck it

Seeing as the game is more melee focused, i hope they updated the melee aspects to be more in line with games like Dying Light.

I played 3 and 4 and I loved them both.

But I never got any hype for this one, so I might actually just give it a miss.

This is the kind of game I buy a year after release for 20 bucks. I will probably enjoy it. Setting seems interesting.

It is interesting how people are going off of the vague hype rating instead of doing a few minutes of research on YouTube.

Meh, it's weird. I'm don't see prehistoric weapons going very far in an FPS game.

1682205-euroturok.jpg

I got a copy for free at work. Only 2 hours or so in and its decent.

I haven't played any other Far Cry games though so i'm not burnt out on the series.

Just picked it up and have been playing for an hour now, some tedious beginning missions but im hopeful itll be good, i was always more melee based anyway in the other fc games so i figured id try it out, the local redbox isnt carrying it though so i had to purchase it.

There's been plenty of times i dont agree with major reviewers, or they make things out of proportion. The lack of hype worries me, but most of the time if i go into a 7-8 rated game thinking itll suck i end up pleasantly surprised so who knows, ill have to let you guys know more after a few more hours.

Edit: whats with games not having manuals or any shit to look at in the box anymore? I remember with ff7 amd older games they came with booklets expanding on the game, i miss those days.

Just picked it up and have been playing for an hour now, some tedious beginning missions but im hopeful itll be good, i was always more melee based anyway in the other fc games so i figured id try it out, the local redbox isnt carrying it though so i had to purchase it.

There's been plenty of times i dont agree with major reviewers, or they make things out of proportion. The lack of hype worries me, but most of the time if i go into a 7-8 rated game thinking itll suck i end up pleasantly surprised so who knows, ill have to let you guys know more after a few more hours.

Edit: whats with games not having manuals or any shit to look at in the box anymore? I remember with ff7 amd older games they came with booklets expanding on the game, i miss those days.

Game manuals were awesome. Pokemon Red had a cool one with some Pokemons in it and some blank spaces so you would think "omg I wonder what it involves into"

I haven't played any FarCry game although I've been close to getting 3 or 4. I might end up getting Primal at some point

Picked it up the other day. Haven't sat down and played it yet but my daughter has and it looks pretty dope. You can control jaguars and wolves and sabre tooth tigers an shit. That alone is sick as fuck, having a beast as a companion

I've really been looking forward to this, I had no idea it was already time for it to come out, I blew my money on Blurays and SFV. I never played any of the Far Crys so it should be pretty fresh for me.

No Pagan Min=0/10

Seriously though, seems like a decent game so far. I thought it would be dumb but I'm pleasantly surprised.

I personally like it quite a lot. Picked it up 2 days ago. Have about 3 hours in. I like the setting, using animals, primative weapons and whatnot. Skull fucking things with a spear is always fun.

I liked 3 and 4 a lot as well. Good change of pace for a game imo. The Map is huge. It's a fun game.

Back