• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So do you like mayonnaise?

In small amounts...aka in tuna, a bit on a sub, in a summer pasta salad/potato salad, maybe on a chickeburger.

Some people slather their shit in it and I want to gag.

I'm a bit of a mayo fiend. put it on most sandwiches and I drown my fries in it

80638b4d-cf2a-4d49-9ade-8ed418c6e05a_text.gif

00d39553-dc1b-4374-a9d3-ffe31497f9f0_text.gif

f129b3c2-c2dc-486e-857b-9c938ba7cebd_text.gif

I fucking hate it and I hate how people just put that shit on everything in the US, especially in the South where I lived for ten years in two different states. They put it on stuff that it shouldn’t even be on like tacos (not just fish tacos) and cheesesteaks when you don’t even ask for it. Or they put it in all types of foods without even listing it as an ingredient. Eventually you have to learn to say no mayo on pretty much anything you order.
I hope when you order No mayo they put extra just to spite you

I like Japanese mayo but some people are disgusted by it. Regular mayo is egg whites and Japanese mayo is yolk. There is probably MSG in it.

Yup. The real Kewpie has MSG in it. They have a version sold in some large chain grocery stores in the US that doesn't have it. You can tell.

I grew up with Kewpie, but switched to Duke's. I lived in an area without any Asian markets for a while. They're pretty similar, actually. Duke's uses just yolks, too. I think Duke's has a richer flavor to it. Conversely, I would use Kewpie if I couldn't get ahold of Duke's.

Last edited:
It's fine in small doses. On a burger. But don't get why certain countries people use it like ketchup on fries. Then again I'm like that with ranch.

I noticed a lot of people don’t like mayo because they claim it’s too creamy

this seems like an absurd reason not to like a condiment especially when there are brands like Dukes that exist

me I love mayonnaise

I like mayo in tuna fish, on a turkey sammich, and on french fries.

Potato salad, chicken salad.

Yup. The real Kewpie has MSG in it. They have a version sold in some large chain grocery stores in the US that don't have it. You can tell.

I grew up with Kewpie, but switched to Duke's. I lived in an area without any Asian markets for a while. They're pretty similar, actually. Duke's uses just yolks, too. I think Duke's has a richer flavor to it. Conversely, I would use Kewpie if I couldn't get ahold of Duke's.
Dukes is the best and most versatile

I like kewpie as a topping on things like rice bowls or corn sometimes

but dukes is life

I love it on fries.

What's that on the left?

It's currywurst. A chopped up bratwurst covered in ketchup with curry powder. Some of the best fast food in Germany. I make them here in Canada all the time and remember the motherland

Funny thing - I was in Thailand on holiday in December and I found that in Bangkok there's a little chain of Currywurst places

Currywurst-960x641.jpg

I went there and it was really good, just like the German ones tbh. Even had the awesome mayo you'd get in Germany

Last edited:
I think mayo is better when you mix with some ketchup, sriracha sauce etc, not great on its own

Back