• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So do you like mayonnaise?

I always made it using all of the egg.

Mayo is the goat condiment. Picky eaters are lame
You are right. Whole egg is the standard. Mayo is a weird condiment. Heinz is whole egg. All the old recipes call for yolk only though. It's a bit confusing. Japanese has vinegar in it too. I wouldn't put it on sandwiches. I think it pairs better with fried food and some vegetables.

I can eat broccoli with Kewpie mayo but I wouldn't do that with American Mayo. You put it on top of an fried egg omelet. The pairing and flavor profiles are different.

Last edited:
You are right. Whole egg is the standard. Mayo is a weird condiment. Heinz is whole egg. All the old recipes call for yolk only though. It's a bit confusing. Japanese has vinegar in it too. I wouldn't put it on sandwiches. I think it pairs better with fried food and some vegetables.

I can eat broccoli with Kewpie mayo but I wouldn't do that with American Mayo.

My mom used to always have mayonnaise with artichokes and asparagus, and I generally do as well, even though I don't really care much for Mayo. It has its uses, but I don't use it much. I only use mustard for most sandwiches. Sometimes Mayo for roast beef sandwiches. It goes well with beef.

I fucking hate it and I hate how people just put that shit on everything in the US, especially in the South where I lived for ten years in two different states. They put it on stuff that it shouldn’t even be on like tacos (not just fish tacos) and cheesesteaks when you don’t even ask for it. Or they put it in all types of foods without even listing it as an ingredient. Eventually you have to learn to say no mayo on pretty much anything you order.

My mom used to always have mayonnaise with artichokes and asparagus, and I generally do as well, even though I don't really care much for Mayo. It has its uses, but I don't use it much. I only use mustard for most sandwiches. Sometimes Mayo for roast beef sandwiches. It goes well with beef.
I am not a giant mayo person. I would just use the standard if I have a ham sandwich. I prefer oil/vinegar combo if they have it.

I will take the Japanese mayo mixed with Siracha over ketchup if I am having french fries.

I fucking hate it and I hate how people just put that shit on everything in the US, especially in the South where I lived for ten years in two different states. They put it on stuff that it shouldn’t even be on like tacos (not just fish tacos) and cheesesteaks when you don’t even ask for it. Or they put it in all types of foods without even listing it as an ingredient. Eventually you have to learn to say no mayo on pretty much anything you order.
Exactly how I feel about onions

To answer the op I love mayo

Back