So...do people still think JDS has the best boxing in the UFC?

It was "exposed" before the fight with Cain.

Yvel hit him clean, CroCop hit him clean, Roy hit him clean, Carwin hit him clean, Mir hit him clean...

This, I loved the write up on bloody whatever about Cains horrible defense. I was thinking this is stupid, I could nitpick every fight junior got tagged and look stupid also.
Lol:cool:

Yes I still believe he does. Unfortunately Cain never allowed JDS to use his greatest skill by constantly pressuring him and threatening with the takedowns.

Yvel hit him clean, CroCop hit him clean, Roy hit him clean, Carwin hit him clean, Mir hit him clean...

By your logic Anderson Silva is a shitty striker since Chael hit him.

HELLO!!!! Newsflash!! Its called fighting, here is how it works....

Fighter A strikes......Fighter B strikes.......both guys get hit.....thats what happens in a fight. Some guys just get hit less and hit the other guy more effectively...thats how fights are won.

Now that we got that out of the way....and we understand how fighting works we can move on.

There is no fighter....in the history of MMA, boxing, kickboxing, Karate, San Shou (is that how its spelled??) any full contact or combat sport that hasnt been hit.

JDS gets hit, Anderson Silva and GSP get hit, Jose Aldo gets hit, Jon Jones gets hit, Machida?? Yes hit. The best of the best in mma get hit. Lets move on.....Floyd Mayweather Jr and Roy Joens jr back in the day, the best boxers in the world get hit.

Guess everyone is exposed for having bad defence cause they get hit. Great post man, thank you for your contribution.

as long as the name "Alistar Overeem" is under UFC contract. noone will EVER be the best boxer other then that name.

TS sounds butt hurt.

Tooth and Nail, you are the most clueless poster on sherdog. Wish I had the patience to go through your posts, all that said "JDS will KO Cain/Overeem in round 1"

You are a loser and know nothing about MMA. Go away, nerd

as long as the name "Alistar Overeem" is under UFC contract. noone will EVER be the best boxer other then that name.

I dont know about that......JDS and Cain both have better boxing the Overeem. Overeem is a well rounded kickboxer, but he doesnt have better boxing then both of them.

Accurate and powerful puncher but needs to work defense

he never did. he has sick power, and a good uppercut and hook.. but his jab sucks, he has no head movement, and cant fight off his back foot or counter fight, as proven by the cain fight.

He's the best when he's fighting against a injured Cain and any other slow machine in the Heavyweight division that he's beaten already.

He's the best when he's fighting against a injured Cain and any other slow machine in the Heavyweight division that he's beaten already.

Injured he??? Guess that Shogun fans arent the only ones that make excuses for his losses. Cain didnt lose cause he was injured, he lost cause he got hit and KO'd.

And who has Cain beaten thats so fit and fast.....Lesnar? Rothwell? Bigfoot? A Nog with 3 injuries?

Cant wait for a 3rd fight.......take it all in...enjoy for the time being, cause when Junior blasts him again, dropps him and makes him roll over like a dog covering up, im gonna all over it.

JDS was beat and tired out by an MMA fighter.

Who gives a shit about the Klitschko fight, it won't happen

This is Silva/ Jones Jr. all over again...

By your logic Anderson Silva is a shitty striker since Chael hit him.

I just pointed out that JDS has been hit because people solely focus on his offensive boxing around here. I didn't say he was a shitty striker

HELLO!!!! Newsflash!! Its called fighting, here is how it works....

Fighter A strikes......Fighter B strikes.......both guys get hit.....thats what happens in a fight. Some guys just get hit less and hit the other guy more effectively...thats how fights are won.

Now that we got that out of the way....and we understand how fighting works we can move on.

There is no fighter....in the history of MMA, boxing, kickboxing, Karate, San Shou (is that how its spelled??) any full contact or combat sport that hasnt been hit.

JDS gets hit, Anderson Silva and GSP get hit, Jose Aldo gets hit, Jon Jones gets hit, Machida?? Yes hit. The best of the best in mma get hit. Lets move on.....Floyd Mayweather Jr and Roy Joens jr back in the day, the best boxers in the world get hit.

Guess everyone is exposed for having bad defence cause they get hit. Great post man, thank you for your contribution.

Notice the " " around the word exposed in my post

Then calm down

I just pointed out that JDS has been hit because people solely focus on his offensive boxing around here. I didn't say he was a shitty striker

Everyone gets hit

Not sure about the best mma boxing but he has great power.

The Klit stuff was always stupid.

I don't think it exposed anything about his boxing or that his boxing is overhyped. He didn't lose a boxing match, he lost an MMA fight. Cain got his hands low with takedown attempts and tagged him. It's not a knock on JDS's boxing, but Cain's dual threat as a fighter

This.

Back