So, did Belcher got skooled?

This, Belcher stated multiple times that he wasn't training specifically for Okami and was training for other top guys in the division (basically just Bisping.) When you're fighting someone with the skill Okami has, that's bound to come back and bite you in the ass.

lol, Belcher don't want none of Bisping ... Bisping would finish him.

Thank God we can finally stop seeing and hearing the #Belcher4Champ nonsense. Finally he will stop calling people out who would handle him easily.

Shame I bought into his hype and had money on him though.

Come on man, he is still a good fighter.

Sucks I really wanted Belcher to win, but congrats to Okami he did a great job, he is a strong dude.

Okami did absolutely no damage on top. I think he was trying to get a submission tapout by hugging. I hate these kind of fighters. Take Bendo for example...he takes you down the whole fight and stasy on top, but he is dropping bombs and doing damage. Okami is very strong and just hold and hugs. Belcher wasnt as strong as Okami, and put himself on his back a couple of times by dropping for a guillotine that wasnt close.

It's a shame he couldn't counter Okami's wrestling or sub him.

I'd rather see him than Bisping against Silva.

But this is a big step backwards for Belcher.

lol, Belcher don't want none of Bisping ... Bisping would finish him.

MMAmath rarely works, but Sonnen handled Okami with ease but struggled with Bisping. On this evidence, Belcher needs to set his sights a bit lower, Bisping would beat him IMO, I'm confident of that now.

Was quite satisfying seeing the schooler get schooled.

Last edited:
It's good to be confident, but not at the expense of being realistic. I think Belcher was confident to the point of delusion going into this one and he paid the price, it was a winnable fight but he didn't do any of the things he needed to. He honestly fought like a man without a gameplan who was just winging it while his corner attempted to do damage control.

I was just in shock that he kept dropping for same choke...... but yeah he got beat pretty soundly.

Back