So Conor's fighting the opponents that Cub fought & he's getting a title shot?

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, Conor's as exciting as it gets. But so was Cub.

Conor's coming off a win against Dustin Poirier & now he's fighting Dennis Siver.

It's crazy how Swanson fought these two guys & didn't get a title shot but because Conor has a mouth he's getting a title shot.

Idk the legitimacy of getting title shots in the UFC isn't even based off rankings anymore, it's just based on entertainment. No complaints but it's kinda sad to see how these title shots are being distributed out nowadays.

Its not all about who you beat. You have to bring interest to the sport. If you asked a random person who Cub Swanson was they wouldn't have a clue.

Conor generates interest and excitement while beating top 10 fighters.

Only one thing makes sense, he's. banging the boss, duh.

The UFC wanting Hendricks to fight Lawler instead of Rory getting his title shot is even worse.

Only one thing makes sense, he's. banging the boss, duh.

yN2ujeR.gif

Blame Aldo for getting "hurt" again like he seems to do every few months

swanson had a close fight with poirier who took the fight on short notice

mcgregor destroyed poirier in 2 minutes.

swanson lost rd1 to siver.

mcgregor will destroy siver in 2 minutes.

ufc dont care about anything but making money.why is it so hard to understand?

Why didnt you just mention this is in the other cub/conor thread instead of making a new one?

Oh well :)

The lack of understanding of the fight business on this forum amazes me.

Cub won very close decision over Poirier, Conor KTFO Poirier in first round

Cub won via 3rd round TKO against Siver after close first and second round, Conor will KTFO Siver in first round.

There is a difference in their results. McGOAT is winning in more dominating fashion. Plus he is good on the mic. Plus he can maybe fill 80k stadium.

Cub just lost to Frankie, what on Earth do you people want?

In addition, Conor has appeared like a world destroyer; Cub was unable to do the same during his run (losing a round to DP, Siver, and Stephens).

The lack of understanding of the fight business on this forum amazes me.

The lack of concern for the legitimacy of the sport amazes me more. Understanding why something is incorrect doesn't mean it shouldn't be brought to light. Every thread everywhere should be about how crooked Zuffa is until something is done about it.

Finishing Poirier and possibly Siver faster than Cub did is more impressive than what Cub has done.

Swanson didnt finish Porier, McGregor did.

Cub just got GSP'd by Frankie. He shouldn't be talking about title shots.

Having a certain type of personality when it comes to prize fighting moves you up the ladder a bit quicker. When you combine that personality with a crowd pleasing style you will sky rocket up the ladder.

The lack of concern for the legitimacy of the sport amazes me more. Understanding why something is incorrect doesn't mean it shouldn't be brought to light. Every thread everywhere should be about how crooked Zuffa is until something is done about it.

What you are complaining about is not unique to zuffa. It is the nature of the fight business that you hate.

Back