So Conor's fighting the opponents that Cub fought & he's getting a title shot?

Ok then, aside from maybe Frankie Edgar, who do you think should get the next shot? Not a rhetorical question, I really would like to know.

All about the $$. You have to be ignorant to think otherwise. The UFC does this frequently, build up someone without him having really earned the hype or the title shot. He'll get exposed by the true top 5 and settle back into the pack.

So.... when people bring up Conor losing quickly in the past... "oh, it's a long time ago"... but when people mention Cub deserving a title shot, everyone is quick to mention how he got blasted? I'm an Aldo fan who would root and pick for Aldo in either of those fights without question, but these double standards are silly. Up until losing to Edgar, he deserved the shot more.

Its not all about who you beat. You have to bring interest to the sport. If you asked a random person who Cub Swanson was they wouldn't have a clue.

Conor generates interest and excitement while beating top 10 fighters.

Dana, is it you?

Cub is afraid of microphones.

This isn't really relevant. There was a logjam of contenders when Cub was deserving and then he lost. Now that he lost, only a couple of people are deserving and most have had their shot at Aldo.

Weird. It's almost like the UFC is a company trying to make profit, and they have a financial interest in Conor getting to the title.

Nahhh ...thats impossible.

Its nothing new with how some guys get title shots. At this point....with Swanson and Bermudez out.....and Edgar having already fought Aldo...you cant really say anything.
And its no secret that COnor got very favorable match ups.

So.... when people bring up Conor losing quickly in the past... "oh, it's a long time ago"... but when people mention Cub deserving a title shot, everyone is quick to mention how he got blasted?
Fun fact:

McGregor lost to Duffy 4 years ago.
Cub lost to Aldo 5 years ago.

Cub won very close decision over Poirier, Conor KTFO Poirier in first round

Cub won via 3rd round TKO against Siver after close first and second round, Conor will KTFO Siver in first round.

There is a difference in their results. McGOAT is winning in more dominating fashion. Plus he is good on the mic. Plus he can maybe fill 80k stadium.

Cub had to fight Edgar...Connor?

So.... when people bring up Conor losing quickly in the past... "oh, it's a long time ago"... but when people mention Cub deserving a title shot, everyone is quick to mention how he got blasted? I'm an Aldo fan who would root and pick for Aldo in either of those fights without question, but these double standards are silly. Up until losing to Edgar, he deserved the shot more.

Well, for Conor's, you have to dig up grainy footage on yt of him fighting in the smaller leagues.

For Cub, that clip of him getting double kneed by Aldo has been burned into my brain from being in a zillion highlight reels from Aldo personally, to the WEC in general when it was absorbed.

The UFC wanting Hendricks to fight Lawler instead of Rory getting his title shot is even worse.

Lol. And Silva likely getting another title shot if he beats Nick. While Jacare and Romero duke it out.

I blame Cub for not calling anyone out. He's too nice. Promotion is a big part of any fight sport. All about personal image.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back