So can Cormier vs Evans happen now?

Jon Stark

King in the North
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Makes sense to me. Why not have this fight happen as the co-main to Gus\Jones 2 on September 27? Is Evans not going to be healthy by then? Seems like a good #1 contender fight to me!

DC probably wants to go get surgery and then his title fight upon return

Thought I heard Evans was out till like November..

Evans wont be ready by then. I think hell back Nov/Dec

Get off my nuts man. That shit ain't happening . You didn't make your boyfriend alex fight evans did you? So get over it. He's waiting for jones

Because all we've heard on here for a week is that DC's knee is bad and he won't be ready to fight Jones (and by proxy that date).

No way you guys cant start asking him to fight on the same card now.

I've got no issues with cormier sitting out if he isn't ready to go! Same with shad

Injuries aside, I hope Evans next fight is just a 3 rounder. Please lord, no more Evans 5 rounders...

Cormier has got his title shot. Why try and eliminate him?

I'd watch this fight. Good match up. Would rather see it AFTER a Jones / DC fight, but would like to see it sometime.

I'd watch this fight. Good match up. Would rather see it AFTER a Jones / DC fight, but would like to see it sometime.

Agreed! Would be a good fight to watch. Think DC takes it.

Also, how has Rashad earned a title shot?

By doing nothing against Jones in his first title shot, then losing a unanimous decision to Lil Nog in a snooze fest, then taking a split decision over Hendo (bigger snooze fest), then beating a middleweight Chael Sonnen?

By doing nothing against Jones in his first title shot, then losing a unanimous decision to Lil Nog in a snooze fest, then taking a split decision over Hendo (bigger snooze fest), then beating a middleweight Chael Sonnen?

it would amount to the same scenario as Belfort/Sonnen

it would amount to the same scenario as Belfort/Sonnen

So a title shot for DC with a win (Vitor), but not for Hashad (Sonnen)?

I'd settle for that if the timing worked out...would rather DC get a shot at Jones ASAP (as long as he is healthy). He isn't getting any younger. Anything can happen in an MMA fight, and I think he's earned his shot..more than earned it.

Good question. I'm not sure if he is in line for a title shot anytime soon, but I hate the idea of instant re-match between Jones / DC (assuming the title is on the line). DC has to fight somebody after Jones. :D

If DC is able to fight (due to his knee) in the right time frame so we'd have Jones/Gus and then the winner/DC (assuming he wins), I'd love to see him fight again, rather than sit out till early next year (unless due to injury).

If he can go, I'd love to see the Evans fight, but any "name" fight would be fine: Glover, Davis, Shogun, Bader. AJ would be a good fight too, but I guess I'd rather not have one of them knock the other off.

We're gonna have to wait until we see DC again in the octagon.
He's about to take a proper care of his knee.
Good decision.
He'll nee. To be 110% for his title defenses.

Shad won't be ready by then...
DC is injured......
Neither has expressed any interest.....
Why make the fight?

DC should be fighting Rumble next.

His knee was so bad that he was willing to fight Gus for the interim belt.

He has said since his win over Hendo that he doesn't want to fight anyone else, just wants to wait for his title shot.

Make him fight Rumble.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back