So...10% is not the fighter cut in the UFC?

The UFC is to busy making reality TV shows and opening up gyms to pay their fighters. The UFC brand is more important than the sport.

NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN! The fighters aren't complaining, paying fans are still paying; so why do Sherdoggers think they have the right to bitch about fighter pay? It's really NONE of your fukin' business!

Whether it's 1% or 99% doesn't have any bearing on me. I just like fighting.

NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN! The fighters aren't complaining, paying fans are still paying; so why do Sherdoggers think they have the right to bitch about fighter pay? It's really NONE of your fukin' business!

if you pay attention, paying fans are in fact no longer paying.

The fighters aren't complaining because their UFC's bitch, and don't want to get on their bad side, fucking retard.

10% of the ufc's money being given to these guys seems a bit much. 2% should work for 95% of the part time fighters/ collegiate wrestlers that fill the depths of the ufc's ranks. Of course once you crack the top ten or get that signature win, I'm all for giving those guys the fotn bonuses and keeping their contracts low as well.
gotcha

Bellator exists for a reason. Let's see what these guys are worth when contracts expire and Bellator goes "Gil Melendez" on other top fighters.

Because in all seriousness, look at Askren, who was a top dog undefeated youngish prospect. He got dropped by an org and few wanted him. Dude went to Singapore

allot of people's emotions seem to be intentionally or ignorantly removed from the reality of this market. Wins don't mean anything, because the fans who spend money didn't give a shit about Askren. Sucks to hear it, but thems the breaks

2%, TOPS

Thats what I thought. I hope its not true, I hope its closer to around 30-40%, I like the Fertittas, Dana White, and respect the UFC. I really hope they're not jobbing the fighters.

You had better hope its true, otherwise mma fighters won't be getting a pay raise for sure.

I give UFC a tiny bit of a pass on some fighter pay b/c they spend so much money going all over the world, setting up offices and trying to expand the sport. That costs alot of money.

But their payout should really be at least 25% every event.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if the number was between 5-10%. That's the ball park figure I have seen most often over the years although obviously nobody really knows.

In all honesty aside from the new/lower ranked fighters who should obviously be seeing a little more money, I agree with the pay system implemented by the UFC. Think about it in the majority of major sports which are commercially valuable, the general consensus is that our athletes are overpaid. I'm sure the majority of people have listened to their fair share of resentful comments on the subject from a fair number. God knows I have. And in all honesty I've more than likely been guilty of one or two myself.

I've also heard an argument that it is the pay scale and related issues could be one of the things that may hold the UFC and as a consequence MMA in general, back from developing and seriously becoming a threat to the status-quo of world sports. And I'm not sure that to me personally that would be a bad thing, speaking from a strictly selfish standpoint.

What I mean is that for me at least there was something to the fact that years ago barely anybody else I knew, knew what the UFC or MMA was. To me it felt like myself and the few people I knew who were into it, were onto something that spoke to us and that the majority could not understand. I'm not crazy, well at least not anymore. I'm happy that people who are putting their health on the line are being better compensated and that governments are no longer trying to wipe the sport from the face of the earth.

At the same time though maybe it was that uncertainty that gave the UFC its edge. The fact that for a good long while the future was very much uncertain, to me gave it an almost enjoy it while it lasts attitude. With mainstream acceptance came a complete change of feel. Obviously this was necessary for the future of the sport but what can I say. I'm stubborn and not too fond of change so that does not stop me from missing the old days.

Back