So...10% is not the fighter cut in the UFC?

im not certain but im pretty sure most of the ufc's profits dont go to fighters.

Is it, or isn't it? I've seen 9.5% multiple times in lenthly articles, but in this video (which I hope the link works) Lorenzo says its not even close. So do we know, or is it a mystery? Is it real, or just speculation?

Lorenzo's probably correct (although not in the way he intended?), I've heard it estimated at more like 5%...

I just wanted to clarify that the 9.5% figure that's been tossed around is a guess, not a fact. I'm guessing its only speculation then.

I just wanted to clarify that the 9.5% figure that's been tossed around is a guess, not a fact. I'm guessing its only speculation then.

i think it was in Forbes or some such thing. which makes it not a guess, but an educated guess.

no one knows though.

i think it was in Forbes or some such thing. which makes it not a guess, but an educated guess.

no one knows though.

Thats what I thought. I hope its not true, I hope its closer to around 30-40%, I like the Fertittas, Dana White, and respect the UFC. I really hope they're not jobbing the fighters.

Think about it ~ if they were giving out %s anywhere close to the major sports league they would be telling us about it. It's some hush hush big secret because it's a paltry number.

Aren't the other major pro sports around 50% to the players?

Thats what I thought. I hope its not true, I hope its closer to around 30-40%, I like the Fertittas, Dana White, and respect the UFC. I really hope they're not jobbing the fighters.

it's not just about a mean average. if 9 fighters get paid $3m to $10m each and that brings the average pay scale to $50k, that doesn't make the guy fighting for $8k/$8k feel any better about his pay?

note that i'm not taking a side here. i'm merely pointing out some things.

cheers.

According to Lorenzo it's actually closer to 50% as documented in that espn piece. Don't believe it though.

Think about it ~ if they were giving out %s anywhere close to the major sports league they would be telling us about it. It's some hush hush big secret because it's a paltry number.

this. very well put, erin.

Lol, hope.

[YT]N4_0Pt3HAR8[/YT]

Nobody has enough information to make even a remotely educated guess on what fighters get paid and what % of revenue that is.

We don't know the amount fighters get payed in total. We know that fighters often receive undisclosed bonuses as well as PPV/revenue cuts. We even rarely see commission fisclosures as many commissions don't actually disclose even base fighter pay.

We also don't know UFC's true revenue. We know they get about 100,000,000 a year from Fox and whatever their live gates that get disclosed are. But we don't know merchandising revenue, sponsorship revenue, international revenue, global PPV sales, or even fully accurate domestic PPV sales.

Aren't the other major pro sports around 50% to the players?

Steelers went up for sale for in 2012 at over $1.1B, NFL salary cap is $120M. 10% is much closer to reality. Then again that's net worth, not the actually yearly, which is probably more like 250-300m, I guess there is a valid point.

Steelers went up for sale for in 2012 at over $1.1B, NFL salary cap is $120M. 10% is much closer to reality.

WOW.

NFL salary cap is about 48% of AR (All Revenue). not profit, but revenue. the exact formula is this:

55% of League Media AR + 45% NFL Ventures/Postseason AR* + 40% Local AR​

Back