Snap Kicks?

R

ROwens1182

Anyone else ever get pain in their groin area when using their lead leg(for me , my left leg) but when you switch your lead leg to the power leg it doesn't hurt? I was learning snap kicks last night and when I used my left as the lead it hurt in my groin but when I switched to using my right as the lead and my left as the power my left felt fine. Has anyone else ever had this problem? One of the guys I train with said he gets that sometimes and it's just cause one leg is more flexible than the other, which kind of makes sense, because whenever my right leg was lead or power, it never hurt. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what the problem might be or if they have ran into this issue. Thanks for reading and any help you all can provide.

You may not have warmed up properly before beginning your kicking routine. Try doing some jumping jacks or running in place, followed by stretching ofcourse before you start practicing.

if it is the a hip/groin flexor injury then refrain from stretching it any more - you will only continue to aggrevate it

unfortunately the holy option is rest to heal that

Thank you all so much, I just came across the website and forum last week and it has helped me out so much!

Would it be ok, for me to work on striking while I let the injury heal or should I refrain from training for a few days? I have my next training session on Saturday. It will probably focus on grappling. Should I skip this session and maybe working on striking at home then?

If the injury is persistant, and is a reoccuring issue you should definitely take Lukes advice and rest a little while before beginning again. There is no substitute for a qualified medical opinion though, something I can not offer you. Only experience.

Thank you all so much, I just came across the website and forum last week and it has helped me out so much!

Would it be ok, for me to work on striking while I let the injury heal or should I refrain from training for a few days? I have my next training session on Saturday. It will probably focus on grappling. Should I skip this session and maybe working on striking at home then?

see how you feel

i hurt my hip flexor so had to all but quit using my legs for over 4 months. the only problem is, even with punches, you utilize your hips for power so try it out and see if doesnt hurt.

I am also having some problems with my left inner hip. I'll probably see a doctor next week but if this thing keeps on bugging me. Do you guys suggest that I take a break from MT and just do boxing? I know boxing requires hips movements like what luke said but the strees isnt that great so what do you guys think?

Make sure you are stretching very well before you start throwing kicks. Throwing kicks cold is what causes injury.

Back