smoking?beginning cardio workout.

KTC1369

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering two things, first, I know I shouldn't be smoking at all but I just can't give it up right now? FYI, I'm talking about smoking weed not cigarettes. Now, my question is, if I just smoke on the weekends will that siriously effect my cardio helath? and second, I'm trying to lose fat right now and my cardio endurance is not that good so what would be a good beginning cardio workout for me? thanx alot.

See me on top of that guy
<----

I beat his face and he still won cause I smoked pot and fucking gassed and couldn't defend the armbar.

And I like to think I train pretty hard but in competition it's a different thing alltogether.

Try to keep it to a minimum...bare minimum.

And screw that jogging...no offense.

Sprint, sprint, sprint....alot...till you fucking die.

Jogging distance hurts, yes. But it doesn't prepare you for comp.

i smoked weed for 8 years, and was in really good shape.I stopped and my training was brought to a whole new level.

Chad Hamilton said:
And screw that jogging...no offense.

Sprint, sprint, sprint....alot...till you fucking die.

Jogging distance hurts, yes. But it doesn't prepare you for comp.

i would agree w/ sprints for competition too, but he never said he was getting ready for competition and he's just starting a cardio program.

I was a pack a day smoker when I started the Bas Rutten MMA workout tapes. They kicked my ass, but the boxing tape was a good start and I was able to advance from there.
Man, I'm glad I quit smoking.

NO FATE said:
I stopped and my training was brought to a whole new level.

I agree with you on that.

Sprints are good for you, as Chad said above.

finnegan said:
I was a pack a day smoker when I started the Bas Rutten MMA workout tapes. They kicked my ass, but the boxing tape was a good start and I was able to advance from there.
Man, I'm glad I quit smoking.

I used to smoke a little over a pack a day as well and thought i was in pretty decent shape until I quit.

u need to do distance jogging for a while to get ur cardiorespiratory system into shape so that it can flush out all the waste and move blood and oxygen around faster. everything else will improve once u have decent cardio so start with that. maybe jog for 8 weeks and then move onto sprinting once or twice a week and jogging once (if at all)

Chad Hamilton said:
Please tell me more.

If you smoke with a vaporizer you can get high without inhaling anything that would negatively effect you. The THC burns at a lower temperature than the tar, carcinogens, and other bad stuff that will be a detriment to your cardio. I wish I could give a clearer picture, but a search on the net about smoking with a vaporizer would probably answer any of your questions.

Question: Does eating weed (cooking with it) have any negative cardio effects, or is it just from being smoked?

Smoking is what is bad for you, not the thc. Try a water bong to help clean up the smoke. Your best bet is obviously to quit. Maybe you should try some heavy sparring, then when you gas, cant keep your hands up and get punched in the mouth, you will have more of a reason to quit. It's a terrible feeling to not be able to mount any offense and you become a punching bag for your partner.

Water bongs actually don't do all that much, its still just as bad for you. Like I said earlier, a vaporizer is pretty much the 'healthiest' choice.

Like said earlier....

THC burns at a lower temperature than the actual plant does, releasing the THC without burning the plant. A vaporizer heats the glass, and essentially releases the THC into the air, with no smoke nor scent. You inhale the THC without any of the dangerous smoke. I believe a reputable maker is Vapor Bros. Its kind of like taking a THC pill, but enters your blood stream faster because you're inhaling it.

Funny story, because vaporized bud doesn't burn, it looks the same even after releasing its THC. I know someone who sold THC-less bud to a stranger :D

Tek9Designs said:
Water bongs actually don't do all that much, its still just as bad for you. Like I said earlier, a vaporizer is pretty much the 'healthiest' choice.

Like said earlier....

THC burns at a lower temperature than the actual plant does, releasing the THC without burning the plant. A vaporizer heats the glass, and essentially releases the THC into the air, with no smoke nor scent. You inhale the THC without any of the dangerous smoke. I believe a reputable maker is Vapor Bros. Its kind of like taking a THC pill, but enters your blood stream faster because you're inhaling it.

Funny story, because vaporized bud doesn't burn, it looks the same even after releasing its THC. I know someone who sold THC-less bud to a stranger :D

It kind of looks the same. It is brown and looks pretty gross, and it tastes really nasty when you smoke it. And do you seriously think a bong isn't healthier than smoking blunts?

Back