Smart heavy bag that will calculate strikes

Taskforce3Tango

Loose cannon
@Brown
Reaction score
Link to Indiegogo: Smart heavy bag

Impact

This will change the way people train... not just competitors who want to know how much power or stamina they lose with a weight cut... but for beginners who want to learn but cannot afford a monthly membership, have no way to the gym or just simply are too shy to try an individual sport.

With this product complete it will give us the opportunity to launch our second product that will allow people to monitor and even prevent concussions before they happen. This is already designed and will be useful for not just boxing but any contact sport, making kids safer.

Having an impact on the sport is not our only goal, having worked in the IBEW I know how important local jobs and manufacturing can be. All of our research and development has been, and will continue to be sourced in North America. Assembly of the product will be handled locally and if at all possible, parts will be made here as well.

Boxing and martial arts changed my life. My coach was like a second father to me and I can't imagine my youth without his influence. Small clubs have a hard time surviving and we will always be looking to assist those clubs. Focusing on this full time will give us the ability to do that. At the end of the day, I've been involved in boxing and martial arts my entire life and my goal is to make a difference in the sport and the community.

I remember Fight Science on NATGEO having some seriously expensive equipment that did something similar. I've been waiting for something like this to hit the market. I would love to see this succeed and progress.

Wow, thats pretty cool. always wanted to know my progress and work rate at the heavy bag.

Here's something similar that's already on the market. $3000 for the home version or $7000 for the pro version.

Would you rather hit a heavy bag or pads?

lol at Chael Sonnen advertise that
But the Ten Count heavy bag is definitely a good idea though. It is only 299$ (provide that it get enough monies) you get some good indication of your bagwork process without being too gaudy about it.

Here is a reply to a some questions I had on this.

The first model to be released will be a single zone (entire bag) and will track or measure any strike. We have one we use at the club where I coach and more Muay Thai fighters use it than boxers. With that said I do have a thai bag designed that will break down zones, leg, body and head. The bag recognizes all strikes but does not differentiate... yet. With that said, one goal in developing the product was to NOT change the traditional workout. Other products that attempted this failed (in my opinion) because they would only rate one strike at a time or you'd have to hit the exact same spot every time. With this bag you do your normal/traditional workout and the results can now be used as an actual training tool. The bag has been tested accurately at up to ten strikes per second.

Looks good. I'll contribute $300 later on next year.

I have something similar to this, it's an accelerometer that can be mounted to bags, pads, sheilds.
It's called HERMAN. Google it and you'll see whatI'm talking about.

Kinda cool, but not earth shattering. Students get a kick out of using it.

Looks good. I'll contribute $300 later on next year.

There's only 78 days left in the campaign. He's looking to get $125K. Which is really steep considering the very smark martket this product is geared towards. However something like this could be a game changer for pro fighters.

I have something similar to this, it's an accelerometer that can be mounted to bags, pads, sheilds.
It's called HERMAN. Google it and you'll see whatI'm talking about.

Kinda cool, but not earth shattering. Students get a kick out of using it.

Nice I see the price is about the same as what he is asking for his system.

A pad holder will not give you data of power, speed, etc in measurable increments.

yes he will. he says things like "more hip!", laughs at me, or the best one shakes his head and looks disgusted. the more disgusted he looks, the weaker/slower/worse technique, etc.. i hit with

other comments/reactions include: too slow!, your breathing is terrible, slide out!, right straight to my face

It's been a couple years since this thread was started, did any of you actually buy one of these and if so, what did you think of it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back