slow carb suplement ?

Ivica Truscek

Orange Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
give me names of some cheap slow carb suplement (not fast like dextrose sugar of honey)
i cant eat alot, so i figured i can drink carbs with every meal to get alot of calories very fast, easy and cheap

Why? Is an apple less trouble than a powder you have to store, pour, and shake up? Is carrying an apple in your bag more work than that?

Nearly any fruit will do.

And the answer is no, there's really no low-GI carb powder. Better than maltodextrin is HRS, but it's more expensive and it's not nearly as good for you as fruit.

Prolab has a Lean Mass Matrix with low GI carbs. But there are plenty of simple whole grain foods that you can actually chew with your meal rather than drink. Whole wheat bread, for example. That's faster, easier, and cheaper.

BC.

the main reason i want to drink it is because i cant eat as much as i would like to
Mick, apples ?
it has only 13 % carbs, and if i want 300 grams of carbs, that would be ALOT of apples
how bad would it be to drink sugar ??

AnteGotovina said:
the main reason i want to drink it is because i cant eat as much as i would like to
Mick, apples ?
it has only 13 % carbs, and if i want 300 grams of carbs, that would be ALOT of apples
how bad would it be to drink sugar ??

An apple 13% carbs? Are you on crack?

Apples are 95% carbs. Get a clue.
http://nutritiondata.com/facts-A00001-01c00TB.html

lol mick. anyway, what are some carb supps that i can mix with cellmass. i was taking cell tech which has like 40carbs a serving and an some fruit after workouts, but im starting cellmass when the celltech is out, so i need some carbs to add to it. thanks man.

Tkdmmafighter said:
lol mick. anyway, what are some carb supps that i can mix with cellmass. i was taking cell tech which has like 40carbs a serving and an some fruit after workouts, but im starting cellmass when the celltech is out, so i need some carbs to add to it. thanks man.

If you're trying to spike your insulin, then yeah, just add some dextrose or maltodextrin.

But this guy is asking for a slow-carb supplement. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Madmick said:
An apple 13% carbs? Are you on crack?

Apples are 95% carbs. Get a clue.
http://nutritiondata.com/facts-A00001-01c00TB.html

Mick, you seemed like a smart guy, i guess you just missed it:
Your link says that 125 grams of apple consists 17 grams of carbs which is 13,6 %
From the little calories that are in apple 95 % are the calories from carbs, 3 % from fat, and 2 % from protein
95 % carbs have things like sugar, honey, ...

Madmick said:
If you're trying to spike your insulin, then yeah, just add some dextrose or maltodextrin.

But this guy is asking for a slow-carb supplement. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

yea, i was just askin about simple carb supps. thanks mick.

AnteGotovina said:
Mick, you seemed like a smart guy, i guess you just missed it:
Your link says that 125 grams of apple consists 17 grams of carbs which is 13,6 %
From the little calories that are in apple 95 % are the calories from carbs, 3 % from fat, and 2 % from protein
95 % carbs have things like sugar, honey, ...

Then learn the definition of carbohydrate, don't get snide with me. It was your failure to specify. Sugars are carbohydrates.

Regardless, the composition of carbohydrates is irrelevant to its digestion timetable. I thought you understood this because you said "slow" carb. Apparently your knowledge is rudimentary and second hand. A "slow" carb is a carb with a low GI load.

Welcome to Nutrition 101.

Madmick said:
Then learn the definition of carbohydrate, don't get snide with me. It was your failure to specify. Sugars are carbohydrates.

Regardless, the composition of carbohydrates is irrelevant to its digestion timetable. I thought you understood this because you said "slow" carb. Apparently your knowledge is rudimentary and second hand. A "slow" carb is a carb with a low GI load.

Welcome to Nutrition 101.

Im not sure what youre trying to say (language thing)
I didnt claim to be expert, I just said that apples have 13 % of carbohydrates, and if I want to eat 300 grams of carbs, that would be 2307 grams of apples
Do you agree with this or not ??
I dont know what snide means

AnteGotovina said:
Im not sure what youre trying to say (language thing)
I didnt claim to be expert, I just said that apples have 13 % of carbohydrates, and if I want to eat 300 grams of carbs, that would be 2307 grams of apples
Do you agree with this or not ??
I dont know what snide means

OMG, you don't even understand that sugars are carbohydrates.

No, dude, I don't agree with that statement. Are you unable to read? There are 17g of carbs in an apple. It would take 17 apples to get 300g of carbohydrates. That's a shitload of carbs. Even if you consume the ceiling 600g carbs per day (the maximum amount it's been hypethesized a person can store as glycogen), that's 50% of your daily total, and that's WAY too much to be deriving from a powder.

Madmick said:
OMG, you don't even understand that sugars are carbohydrates.

No, dude, I don't agree with that statement. Are you unable to read? There are 17g of carbs in an apple. It would take 17 apples to get 300g of carbohydrates. That's a shitload of carbs. Even if you consume the ceiling 600g carbs per day (the maximum amount it's been hypethesized a person can store as glycogen), that's 50% of your daily total, and that's WAY too much to be deriving from a powder.

I know sugars are carbs
Anyway, I asked if there is a cheap slow carb suplement, and you said no
Thank you for it
Goodbye

Back