Sleeping

Captain_Dammitt

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How do you keep from napping during the day, I mean after trainng, after school, after eating or whatever sometime during the day I want a nap and I dont want to take them becuase they are wasting time. I get 7-8 hours of sleep every night as well and for some reason Im still tired.

Captain_Dammitt said:
How do you keep from napping during the day, I mean after trainng, after school, after eating or whatever sometime during the day I want a nap and I dont want to take them becuase they are wasting time. I get 7-8 hours of sleep every night as well and for some reason Im still tired.

If you're training really hard then a nap isn't a waste of time.

The latest recommendation I read was 9 hours if you're active. I'd find some time, lunch break or whatever when you can catch a catnap.

Optimally my body would be rested if I got 9 hours of solid sleep. I don't think I have ever managed to get 9 hours of solid sleep in my entire life. I like to take naps before my workouts, it helps a ton. What time to nap or their effectiveness probably depends heavily on the individual.

I have found that if at all possible, it is best for me to sleep in 3 hour clumps whenever I feel tired. If allowed to sleep as long as I want, I will consistantly sleep for 14 hours or more.
If you constantly feel exhausted, even if it is just after workouts, you should check with your doctor to make sure you do not have iron deficency/some other random factor causing you fatigue.

Back