Sledge work, HIIT and MT

Ian Coe

Silver Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Right, so we know sprinting is one of the best things for conditioning and sledge work for GPP.
So, I'm wondering from a conditioning point of view, if I had say a 300m incline at like 20 degrees and 'sprinted' (I use the term loosely due to the distance and what I'm about to suggest) up it dragging a sled behind me, would this be a good supplement to HIIT work for GPP and overal muscle strength (with everything being a supplement to MT)

I'm thinking of a lifting belt (and/or dipping belt) and attaching the sled (when I make/buy one) to it via chains.

Couple of years ago I was doing the car pushing for 200m stretches and I thought it'd be good to mix it up again

However you define it it seems like an awesome workout man..:)

Sounds like a great workout for your leg muscles and cardio if you ask me, I keep meaning to make myslef a sled as there's a big stretch of grass about 2-300m long just around the corner from me which would be perfect. If you want to see more on the subject Dave Tate wrote a whole article (although its more from a PLing point of view so its pretty thin on cardio, more a active recovery/work capacity focus) which has a bit on different dragging techniques to work different muscle groups.
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459405

Back