Size Differences

hippiass

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Im pretty new here and im just starting to get the hang of proper diet and exercise, but iv got a bit of a problem thats getting me a bit worried.

Does anyone out there know how to "even out" the way your muscles look? With me, certain muscle groups are larger and stronger than others. For example, my left bicep and tricep are more defined and stronger than my right, my right brachioradialis is larger & stronger than my left, and the traps on the right side of my back are much more defined.

I tend to use the wrong muscle to do the work when it comes to weights, so i was wondering if i have to make a conscious effort to use the correct muscle or with time will they all even out? Thank you very much to anyone who has any advice at all fo ra noob like me.

Dumbells.. That way your strongest side wont take over like it can posibly do when working with a barbell.. Make sure to stop with your strongest side when your weak side start to be tired.. Try and squese in an extra rep after that for your weak side.. In my experience that usualy helps pretty fast..

If you're talking about symmetry and effecting how the muscles look in comparison then you're in the wrong place and should get the fuck out.

However, if you're talking comparative strength of the left and right sides then the suggestion about dumbells is a good one. Also, try and focus more on your technique on barbell lifts and make sure one side isn't always playing catch up. Some difference in strength is inevitable, but you can minimise it a fair bit.

Funkster said:
If you're talking about symmetry and effecting how the muscles look in comparison then you're in the wrong place and should get the fuck out.

However, if you're talking comparative strength of the left and right sides then the suggestion about dumbells is a good one. Also, try and focus more on your technique on barbell lifts and make sure one side isn't always playing catch up. Some difference in strength is inevitable, but you can minimise it a fair bit.

Listen to this advice. Who cares what the hell you look like? Work on getting strong.

Back