• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sitting at the nerd table with Bubble Boy and crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hans Burnett said:
ill be a few minutes late tonight but i will deffinetly be there, im stuck going to a movie w my gf right now, it gets out at 705pm im coming straight to class after ill be in about 715pm the movies in cottonwood:rolleyes:

Uh oh. Sundays are usually at 6:00 pm dude! I need to be DONE by 7:30 (kids school day tomorrow, first day back after Christmas break). Shit! So looks like tonight might be a scratch for me. But then, you're probably in a movie theater right now and won't get this message until after you've gone by the club and found out that nobody's there. Fuck, sorry man.
I was looking forward to some kick boxing.

:icon_cry2

judogido said:
Just popped in to say hullo after the break. My 3 weeks of holidays were spent digging holes, laying bricks, tearing down/putting up fences and painting in a backyard renovation. It is still not finished, but a great deal of the real hard work is done.

I DID find some time do do some wrestling (learned to shoot with a penetration entry), muay thai (learned some nice combos and had a good explaination about how to improve my MT round kicks) and BJJ (learned a good guard pass where they have their feet hooked in & you neutralise it & get past).

I rolled with a bunch of blues and purples - the only person that tapped me was a 4-stripe white with long legs and an excellent guard game (caught me with a triangle). I tapped the blues quite easily but gave my back to the purple and spent the next 3 minutes fighting off the sub & trying to get back to guard from the turtle.

Belated but... wishing you an injury free and productive training year. Kick ass BB.....

Thanks judogido, same to you.
So you basically spent the holiday's doing strongman workouts? Cool! Nice backyard by the way...
The wrestling shoot is awesome. Still developing mine (you kind of need to have knees to be able to pull it off). MT? Nice. Trying to get some of that going this year a little, if possible.

Your description of rolling with the purple belt pretty much sums up my ground fighting style as of late for some reason, just about every match. I think I'm going for new stuff and then getting in trouble. Sometimes learning = losing. :icon_chee

Bubble Boy said:
Uh oh. Sundays are usually at 6:00 pm dude! I need to be DONE by 7:30 (kids school day tomorrow, first day back after Christmas break). Shit! So looks like tonight might be a scratch for me. But then, you're probably in a movie theater right now and won't get this message until after you've gone by the club and found out that nobody's there. Fuck, sorry man.
I was looking forward to some kick boxing.

:icon_cry2

I'm with you on that one. I was going to put in an hour till 7 then wimper off back to the hermit hole....... well there is always tuesday.

ordean said:
I'm with you on that one. I was going to put in an hour till 7 then wimper off back to the hermit hole....... well there is always tuesday.
no movie, i guess its not gonna happen , though sense u guys dont seem to realy wanna train:icon_conf

somebody call me if ur gonna be there at 6 ill pm u my nunber

Ok, so it's on! Hell yeah I'll be there at 6 pm. FYI, 8 to 80 said he'd go, but only if we do some judo. He's skeered of kick boxing I think. I'll be there...

Bubble Boy said:
Ok, so it's on! Hell yeah I'll be there at 6 pm. FYI, 8 to 80 said he'd go, but only if we do some judo. He's skeered of kick boxing I think. I'll be there...
ill bring my gi just for him

01-07-2007

Strongman conditioning

60 minute hike, weighted vest (30 lbs), ran (more like lumbering than running) the uphill parts, including the monster climb up to the Indian ruins.

Kick boxing, judo, bjj

Solid night of mixing it up. Hans coached me in kick boxing. Practiced combinations, mit work (combos and drop to sprawl defense, back up, more combos, drop, rinse, repeat...), kicking a big pad (low round house, thigh height, and an chopping kick to the inside of the other knee), and a few other things. All new to me.
Then Eric and Matt showed up. They kind of took us off on a TMA ninjitsu / dim mak death touch direction for a bit, but we salvaged the night and did some judo throws for a while. Thank God.
Finally we finished with some round robin ground work for about a half an hour. All and all we put in about an hour and a half and it was a solid workout.

Kevin?

Bubble Boy said:
01-07-2007

Strongman conditioning

60 minute hike, weighted vest (30 lbs), ran (more like lumbering than running) the uphill parts, including the monster climb up to the Indian ruins.

Kick boxing, judo, bjj

Solid night of mixing it up. Hans coached me in kick boxing. Practiced combinations, mit work (combos and drop to sprawl defense, back up, more combos, drop, rinse, repeat...), kicking a big pad (low round house, thigh height, and an chopping kick to the inside of the other knee), and a few other things. All new to me.
Then Eric and Matt showed up. They kind of took us off on a TMA ninjitsu / dim mak death touch direction for a bit, but we salvaged the night and did some judo throws for a while. Thank God.
Finally we finished with some round robin ground work for about a half an hour. All and all we put in about an hour and a half and it was a solid workout.

Kevin?
\
definetly a good solid night of training, yeah those guys were tripping me out with the dim makjitsu stuff, lol
its all good though yah know whatever they like is cool i guess
and kevin... well you know

I call shenanigans....... Here I was all ready to go and Rob pulled out the pink card. I bite and Rob backs away from his vaginal declaration and back into manly man status while I walked away from my computer. SHENANIGANS!!!!

It's on like DOnkey Kong for Tuesday....I will wreck house for 10-15 seconds (then I'll gas and take a quick 02 break).

01-08-2007

Strength

BOX SQUATS: 135 lbs x 10, 10, 10, 10 then no box, ass to ankles x 10. Next week I'm going to inch up to 145. Gains will be slow going as I continue to rehab my knee.
LEG PRESS (essentially rehab; WAY more comfortable on the knee than squatting is right now): 200 lbs, x 10, 10, 10, with 25 calve extensions before each set.
DB SIDE BENDS: each side 40 x 12, 50 x 12, 60 x 12
WEIGHTED INCLINE SIT UPS: 25 lb plate x 15, 35 lb plate x 15, 45 lb plate x 15
DB CURLS: 30 x 12, 35 x 8, 40 x 7

Yoga

SUN SALUTATION: 5 right side, 5 left side:
sunsalutation3.gif

KEVIN! Sorry dude, what a fucked up time that was getting everybody (well almost everybody) to the gym at the same time. Pink card...LMAO. In honor of that bit of wit, I will from here on out be highlighting in pink any occurance or event that even has the slightest hint of vaginaness in my log. No one has been granted immunity at this point and time...

Anyway, PM me your phone #, and I'll PM you mine.

do you do the yoga yourself?

A good yoga teacher can really help strengthen the postures. MAkes a huge difference

AndreG said:
do you do the yoga yourself?

A good yoga teacher can really help strengthen the postures. MAkes a huge difference

I took about a year of Yoga about 7 years ago. I still remember the basics. I'll probably be following some videos I have. Most of the classes in my area are put on by 50 year old fat women who can barely touch their toes. I don't have a lot of tolerance for mediocrity.

im coming down w the flu or something guys, i cant be in tonight

Sick too. I will just post this whole thing in pink since my vagina seems to be swollen. The heart is willing but the headache says "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

01-09-2007

J U D O

First I taught the kids class. Fun. The kids are starting to get good.

Adult class: Randy, Korean Hans, and moi. Warm up, stretching, blah, blah, blah...
We worked on Tsuri Komi Goshi:
tsuri-komi-goshi.gif

This was a leg killer, as my squat day was yesterday, and my legs were already cooked going into class. I have to remember NOT to do my squat day before judo. Randy kept quipping at me to get lower, and I just couldn't.
Randy links Tsuri Komi Goshi with Tai Otoshi, so we also worked on it:
tai-otoshi.gif

We dropped lower than this gif ^^^^^^^^^^^^
It was reiterated that Tai Otoshi is a hand throw, and Randy pointed out to me to make sure that only my hands and blocking leg should be contacting uke during the throw.

Hans, Kevin: get well. Nice touch with the pink highlight Kev. :icon_chee That 73 year old aikido guy is going to show up Thursday. He talked with Randy tonight. Just giving you guys a heads up. Randy didn't seem overly thrilled about the arrangement honestly, but he told the guy he's welcome to show up. If you guys come in Thurs I plan to keep him occupied so that you guys can get a good workout in.

Bubble Boy said:
01-09-2007

J U D O

First I taught the kids class. Fun. The kids are starting to get good.

Adult class: Randy, Korean Hans, and moi. Warm up, stretching, blah, blah, blah...
We worked on Tsuri Komi Goshi:
tsuri-komi-goshi.gif

This was a leg killer, as my squat day was yesterday, and my legs were already cooked going into class. I have to remember NOT to do my squat day before judo. Randy kept quipping at me to get lower, and I just couldn't.
Randy links Tsuri Komi Goshi with Tai Otoshi, so we also worked on it:
tai-otoshi.gif

We dropped lower than this gif ^^^^^^^^^^^^
It was reiterated that Tai Otoshi is a hand throw, and Randy pointed out to me to make sure that only my hands and blocking leg should be contacting uke during the throw.

Hans, Kevin: get well. That 73 year old aikido guy is going to show up Thursday. He talked with Randy tonight. Just giving you guys a heads up. Randy didn't seem overly thrilled about the arrangement honestly, but he told the guy he's welcome to show up. If you guys come in Thurs I plan to keep him occupied so that you guys can get a good workout in.

ill be in thursday, and i want to spar the akido guy

Hans Burnett said:
ill be in thursday, and i want to spar the akido guy

The 73 year old guy? Ok, I'll have him sign the waiver and then you guys can go at it. I've already contacted the ambulance company and they're going to have one on standby. I figured I'd video the match also, that way we have evidence for your "Bjj Blue Belt taps Aikido Black Belt" thread. :icon_chee
I'm thinking he should be allowed to use his walker as a weapon to even things out a bit, but if you're not comfortable with that I understand.

See you Thursday. :D

Bubble Boy said:
The 73 year old guy? Ok, I'll have him sign the waiver and then you guys can go at it. I've already contacted the ambulance company and they're going to have one on standby. I figured I'd video the match also, that way we have evidence for your "Bjj Blue Belt taps Aikido Black Belt" thread. :icon_chee
I'm thinking he should be allowed to use his walker as a weapon to even things out a bit, but if you're not comfortable with that I understand.

Maybe Hans and I can TAG TEAM ... wait till he gets you in the aikido lock and tag..... Flying knee to the head.... silly aikido.

Anywho... I should be there Thursday. However, I feel worse today than I did yesterday.

The fact that I put too much cologne on today doesn't help my throat and cranium.... NO PINK ON THAT CAUSE COLOGNE IS MANLY. :redface:

Bubble Boy said:

i accept the offer, now get him a waiver.
mystical hand waves are also allowed.
besides this guy is almost the same age as you rob... and you do just fine against me.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back