sit up sweep when mounted

this works for me if i first keep the mount low and the person sits up to straight. They have to be close my size or smaller to have much of a chance, and once done look out for a triangle

Your partner must be waaay too low on your hips for you to do a sit up sweep.

People posture up when they are too low on the body and it happens. It's not a technique that you really need to learn, it just happens. I have been training eight years and I have used this technique maybe 5 times in rolling and never in a match. Good grapplers don't make mistakes like that.

sometimes a person with a decent belly where their opponent's knees can't touch the ground can have some unique options from the bottom.

sometimes a person with a decent belly where their opponent's knees can't touch the ground can have some unique options from the bottom.

Haha, I would just like to point out I'm not fat :). Too much the opposite really.

In all seriousness though, thanks everybody for your help :)

I think it is hard to hit the hip bump because there is so much weight over your hips but you can reach behind him to go in the other direction. When he tries to take your back (or loses his balance), you come on top.

Here is Marcelo doing it, with a gi grip to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back