Sirius Athletic Wear Jiu Jitsu Gi's - Anyone own one and care to comment?

I recently got one of these, too. I ordered an A4, and when it arrived, it was way too huge for me (I'm 6', 230 pounds). After a washing it shrunk a reasonable amount, and it now fits me fine. I think an A2 should fit you well. I kind of wish I had gone for an A3 instead.

Anyway, I like the gi a lot, and Jake and his team were really great to deal with. I got the gi overnight (!) via regular UPS ground delivery (they're based in Massachusetts, and I"m in New York).

The only thing I don't like about it is the drawstring on the pants. I must say that the Koral construction is superior..

Bubble Boy said:
A little worried though. I ordered an A2, which is for 5'5" to 5'9." Up to 170 lbs. The A3 starts at 5'9" and goes up to 6'1". But the weight is like 170 to 200 or something.
I'm 5'8" 180. So I'm a tweener.
Maybe it'll motivate me to finally lose those extra 15 pounds around my waist.

I am also 5'8" and 180 lbs. I got the Ultralite Samurai in A2. It fit me well out of the box.. fit me better after a wash.

Yeah, thanks guys. The Sirius A2 fit perfect after a wash and a dry (again I'm 5'8", 180). Seems like a nice gi. The pants are beefy. Unique rope style drawstring. We'll see how many times it comes untied in class. I do like that the pants have 3 loops for the drawstring instead of 2, or even 1 as I've seen on some judogi pants.
The jacket collar is equal in thickness to a mizuno gi. The goldweave material looks super breathable, but damn it's lightweight. Seems a little less even than a standard single weave.
I'll be sporting my new Sirius for the first time in Judo tonight. I'll keep this thread posted on how it holds up.

BTW, the guys at Sirius (Jake?) were cool when I accidently confirmed my order with the wrong address. They corrected the problem immediately and there were no delays in getting it to me. So good costumer service.

bubbleboy: badass! let us know how it holds up in judo class. i'm thinking bout picking it up too. As for the collar being as thick as your mizuno....... it bodes well for me!

Thanks for the update BB!

Sirius makes a mean gi...

I ordered a "Samurai style" gi during one of their first run of Gold Weave gis a while back...and it is by far my favorite gi. The thing looks new i have been using 2-3 times a week for the last 6 months. An amazing gi. It fits well, and looks sharp as hell.

I actually just ordered another "Samuria style" ultra lite gi (which just came today)...and i am impressed with this gi as well. Although i have not yet had a chance to roll in it, i rather like the cut, the jacket length does not seem as long (which i like), and the pants seem beefed up as well ( i am digging the rope drawstring...as i found that the old school drawstring did come undone from time to time)...

All in all...Sirius makes an amazing product...i would highly recommend their gis to anyone. Also...their gis are very afforable.

I am 5'8" and weigh 185. I ended up getting the A3 Sirius Series Ultra-light Goldweave in blue and it was big out of the box. After washing and drying it once, it is just about perfect on me. If I hold my arms out in front of me, the sleeves come up my wrist about 1.5" from the base of my thumbs. The pants were a little long and big around the waist but after the wash and dry, they shrunk up to right below my ankles.

Overall, I love this gi. The construction is top notch on the kimono and the pants feel bulletproof. I would definately buy from them again.

I've had my sirius ultra-lite gold weave gi for over a year and I prefer it to my atama gi. I did alot of research on price and quality of gi's before buying. Luckily in my gym the students have gi's from all the makers, so I was able to make an informed decision. Some guy in my gym got a wrong gi shipped to him and sirius let him keep the gi and sent him out another free gi and a free rashguard. When I ordered mine they shipped super fast and had great customer service. If you live in Canada tell them to mark it as a "gift" so you don't get charged customs when it arrives. I highly recommend sirius gi's.

I love sirius. The pants are heavy duty and fit very nicely. Sleeves taoper but not too much. I have a koral and hate it. The sirius is built like a tank. much love.

Great gi I prefer it over my Atama Mundial and Keiko, I plan to order another soon to add to the rotation.

I mean, do they really need to put "competition team" on the back?

anyone have an A2 ultra lite gold that they can weigh for me?

Back