Sirius Athletic Wear Jiu Jitsu Gi's - Anyone own one and care to comment?

UltimaMMA

Orange Belt
Reaction score
www.siriusathleticwear.com

Saw the link on another post and wanted to get info on their gi's. They seem to be having a sale on all their gi's right now and was hoping someone could comment on their quality. From reading their website, their big selling points include:

- one piece gold weave vs. seams
- embroidered patterns vs. iron ons/silk screens
- clean designs/decorations vs. patches galore/walking billboard effect
- thick collar

Here is their competition gi:
2.gif

I've heard that they are really nice simple gis, well made and cheap. That looks like the old Lion's Den logo on the back.

lion_lg1.jpg

www.SSFgear.com

They have a few designs... may invest in one in the future.

GiLionBlackBack.gif

I really like the colours on this Competition Team gi although as a blue belt the black gi is still a bit taboo. The blue and white variants on the other hand lack the cool gold trim and eyes. Hmm...

I know most teachers around here don't even let their students pick their Gi colors. It is white, no ifs ands or buts. Wish they would be more open. I like the black looking one though.

After reading over the linked thread, I put an order in. I ordered the traditional white one. Its on sale and I'm hoping its good quality.

SSF said:
I've heard that they are really nice simple gis, well made and cheap. That looks like the old Lion's Den logo on the back.

lion_lg1.jpg

www.SSFgear.com

I bet it is a it is a stock lion photo.

The Lion's Den design actually has more detail. Look at the mane.

I love the old Lion's Den logo (the small one on the front of the shirt). I wish Ken would go back to that logo.

Anyway, Sirius is suppose to be a really good gi for the money. I have a proto-type for a lower cost gi that I'm working on and it looks almost like we are using the same company to make them.
Sirius is doing well and they have shorts and rashguards coming out soon from what I hear.

www.SSFgear.com

As I posted on the jiujitsugear.com/forum thread, I have a blue Sirius gold weave and it is fantastic. I recommend Sirius gis very highly and will be looking to Sirius when I need more. I also have a Sirius rash guard and it is also excellent.

David_Jacobs said:
As I posted on the jiujitsugear.com/forum thread, I have a blue Sirius gold weave and it is fantastic. I recommend Sirius gis very highly and will be looking to Sirius when I need more. I also have a Sirius rash guard and it is also excellent.
How is the fit compared to say an Atama? Are they pretty form fitting or on the looser side and hows the collar? Thanks

I just got my Sirius traditional gi in the mail today along with a free rash guard. The collar on the Sirius gi is thick as hell - thicker than my Koral and Atama single. Its also thicker than Gameness. The fit is tighter than my Atama and the Gameness, but not as form fitting as my Koral. Both the Koral and Sirius gi's are made of a single piece of cloth, whereas the Gameness and Atama have several pieces and a seam down the back which can rub the spine when rolling. The Gameness gi material is thicker/heavier than both Koral and Sirius. The Sirius gi pants are canvas and double layered from the top of the leg to the ankle. The tie system on the Sirius gi pants is similar to the Koral with the straps. I prefer Gameness' rope tie pants system.

Overall, I highly recommend the Sirius gi. Its affordable price for a single piece gold weave and clean design is a high value to me. I really look forward to more products from Sirius. If their gi is any indication to the quality of things to come, then sign me up!

PROS:
- Single piece gold weave fabric
- Thick ass collars
- Price
- Form-fitting
- Clean design

CONS:
- Can't think of any right now. I'll edit my post if I run across any issues.

RATING: 9/10 - High value for the price

I just got mine in the mail today and the fit and quality look great. I didnt get lucky and get a free rash guard like the other guy but I did get a free tshirt which was still cool. As long as it holds up I think it should easily be as good as my current atama gold. I really wanted the atama mundial one piece gold weave but its $40 more and I really dont see how it could be that much better...

Superbeast said:
They have a few designs... may invest in one in the future.

GiLionBlackBack.gif

I really like the colours on this Competition Team gi although as a blue belt the black gi is still a bit taboo. The blue and white variants on the other hand lack the cool gold trim and eyes. Hmm...

Black Jiu-Jitsu gis = sick. I train in strictly no-gi but I'd like to try JJ with a gi sometime. Black gi's are nasty.

Just reviving this old fucker because I just now ordered a Sirius traditional (all white) goldweave gi for Judo training. I'll let you know how it holds up in a sport so much rougher than bjj. Tee hee. :)

A little worried though. I ordered an A2, which is for 5'5" to 5'9." Up to 170 lbs. The A3 starts at 5'9" and goes up to 6'1". But the weight is like 170 to 200 or something.
I'm 5'8" 180. So I'm a tweener.
Maybe it'll motivate me to finally lose those extra 15 pounds around my waist.

Back