• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Single-Player Card Game With Campaigns

I've played Monster Train and Ato. Both great games but none hold a torch to StS. Because I played StS first, I can't enjoy the others as much.

Well I think the issue with these game and even reccomending them to @GearSolidMetal is that you've got SlayTheSpire (Apart from Marvel Midnight Suns) and then games that are trying to emulate Slaythespire with mixed results.

I think it's better to suggest a wide range of single player card games instead of just indie StS clone rougelikes, otherwise you're just spending money playing watered down versions of the game you like the most.

So I've been playing Witcher 3 recently, again, and it never stops amazing me how addicting Gwent is. It never stops being fun.

verrygoodmatchingwentw3-0d6a1.jpg

main-qimg-0b564f2b1fb75852ccf64ee9b24f14a1

(I know there's an stand-alone online Gwent game, buts its online)

And I've picked up ThroneBreaker, and planning on starting it shortly. It seems like a game I'd also really enjoy.

OIP.zAopwu_YMcmecRgmAJckEgHaEK

OIP.UtOUPvx2LDIdpi3ahCAx1gHaEK
OIP.R9KXmOR8h6y90b3qOe4juQHaEK

thronebreaker-the-witcher-tales-review-523695-37.jpg

Besides that, I'm completely clueless about the genre and was hoping someone could hook me up with some quality suggestions.

Baten Kaitos.

Well I think the issue with these game and even reccomending them to @GearSolidMetal is that you've got SlayTheSpire (Apart from Marvel Midnight Suns) and then games that are trying to emulate Slaythespire with mixed results.

I think it's better to suggest a wide range of single player card games instead of just indie StS clone rougelikes, otherwise you're just spending money playing watered down versions of the game you like the most.

Yeah, petty much. "Monster Train" was really close to taking the formula a bit further, but there's just something missing about it that doesn't make it quite as tight as StS. Still though, of all the clones, that one is damn good and totally worth a look, even if you have played StS. I've played my fair share of the clones, and that's the only one that sunk it's hooks into me.

I tried out neoverse. I quit because it looked too much like some sort of hentai.

I loved Gwent in Witcher 3. I then played online Gwent for a long time and did very well. I was looking forward to thronebreaker but I thought it was shit in everything but the story. The mechanics were just boring. The "puzzles" were also mostly terrible.

I am currently playing Legends of Runeterra. It has a pretty cool single-player called Path of Champions.

Iron clad tactics but it's a bit different.

Back