Since when was Cain known as a kicker

yea he was throwing all kinds of strikes on that russian dude. kicks from all over the place. obviously he was kinda worried about jds striking

American
Kickboxing
Academy

Everybody talks about how Cain has great kicks. JDS had a full sided boxing stance and Cain through like 2 Condit-style kicks that did nothing and missed most of the highkicks.
Only in the last round he connected high a kick to the head in the last minute of the fight when JDS was already worn.

People keep talking about Cain being more well-rounded standup fighter with good kicks but I havent seen any

Why don't you watch his other fights?

Since when did Cain go for armbars? He surprised a lot of people with that fight.

He landed a couple good leg kicks. The head kick looked good but it was all foot that's not a good headkick. Don't act like he didn't land a few good leg kicks though.

I don't think cains the greatest striker in the world but he flows nicely the way he mixes kicks in with his punches.
His kickboxing is coming along just fine. Especially for a wrassler

He's no Reem but he's better than plenty of people I can think of.

Agreed. He doesn't have natural KB "talent" and isn't a dazzling KB technician, but you can see his training plenty in his fights. He KB's like he's relentlessly going after a heavy bag in the gym.

He doesn't have the best kicks but they're pretty good. His striking is really good overall, especially for a wrestler. It was his striking defense that was lacking a bit, but he seems to have improved it some. So glad he won. I knew he was way better than JDS.

he kicked denis stoichnic or whatever his name was a lot

After dominating the legend of Bigfoot and JDS Tyson he is officially and ass kicker. :icon_lol:

Let's be honest. After yesterday, the level of skill top HWs have is considerably less that of any other divisions. Remember Mighty Mouse's takedowns against Benavidez or Weidmann against Munoz, or Fitch, etc...

I can't wait to see a generation of smaller HWs (probably the size of Chael, Hendo, Fedor or Randy) who are truly well rounded and have gas in the tank. I doubt we'll see anyone in HW division who can be like Frankie Edgar in the LW division, but really, that's what upcoming HW fighters should be aiming towards. It should start with good cardio and a wrestling game.

Let's be honest. After yesterday, the level of skill top HWs have is considerably less that of any other divisions. Remember Mighty Mouse's takedowns against Benavidez or Weidmann against Munoz, or Fitch, etc...

I can't wait to see a generation of smaller HWs (probably the size of Chael, Hendo, Fedor or Randy) who are truly well rounded and have gas in the tank. I doubt we'll see anyone in HW division who can be like Frankie Edgar in the LW division, but really, that's what upcoming HW fighters should be aiming towards. It should start with good cardio and a wrestling game.

Physiologically impossible for them, unless we are going to just admit that eventually performance enhancers will be mandatory for all fighters. It will happen in waves in heavyweight, just like always. Quicker, endurance type HWs will emerge (Randy, Cain) and then they'll get toppled by stronger, harder hitters, who will in turn get toppled by quicker, endurance HWs, who will etc., etc. Factor in style match-ups, the natural mass of HW's, smaller talent pool to draw from, and realize that there will be infinitely fewer GSP's, Edgar, etc in the HW division.

Back