Since No One Else Has Said It, Edwards Looked VERY Impressive + My Other UFC 263 Thoughts

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Yes, all you casuals are dick riding Diaz, and I love Diaz just as much as anyone and I appreciate that last minute effort, but that was a one sided ass whipping for 4 plus rounds where Edwards dominated even more than I imagined he would.

Yes, you can make the argument that Nate is worn but I was very impressed how Edwards was so dominant and flawless almost everywhere. And people give Leon shit for being boring but he was hitting Diaz with some bombs but that guy is nearly impossible to put away, especially with punches. And we ALL know that Nate is always dangerous.

The win may not scream undoubtedly that he deserves the shot, but the only thing Colby has done more is run his mouth. And you so called hardcore fans swear that you hate the WWE antics. My opinion, give Wonderboy the shot and make the Covington vs. Edwards matchup happen. Fuck it this OP is too long, more reactions in the next thread.

Last edited:
Wow. So Diaz fans are the casuals now? What's next? Moose fans? Eddie Alvarez fans? BJ Penn fans? Lol, so casual.
<36>

Yes, all you casuals are dick riding Diaz, and I love Diaz just as much as anyone and I appreciate that last minute effort, but that was a one sided ass whipping for 4 plus rounds where Edward's dominated even more than I imagined he would.

Yes, you can make the argument that Nate is worn but I was very impressed how Edwards was so dominant and flawless almost everywhere. And people give Leon shit for being boring but he was hitting Diaz with some bombs but that guy is nearly impossible to put away, especially with punches. And we ALL no that Nate is always dangerous.

The win may not scream undoubtedly that he deserves the shot, but the only thing Colby has done more is run his mouth. And you so called hardcore fans swear that you hate the WWE antics. My opinion, give Wonderboy the shot and make the Covington vs. Edwards matchup happen. Fuck it this OP is too long, more reactions in the next thread.

he probably deserves the shot still but not for that performance

LOL DIaz fans Casual, yeah we been watching them for years, Leon fans are spaws from Conor fans, all casuals.

Leon got exposed last night, and almost derailed, if decides to take a fight with a top WW next, which we all know he wont, he will sit out for 2 years waiting for a title shot, that top WW will crack his soft jaw to pieces.

Yes, all you casuals are dick riding Diaz, and I love Diaz just as much as anyone and I appreciate that last minute effort, but that was a one sided ass whipping for 4 plus rounds where Edward's dominated even more than I imagined he would.

Yes, you can make the argument that Nate is worn but I was very impressed how Edwards was so dominant and flawless almost everywhere. And people give Leon shit for being boring but he was hitting Diaz with some bombs but that guy is nearly impossible to put away, especially with punches. And we ALL no that Nate is always dangerous.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you. The problem with that performance is that all it tells us is that Usman would probably destroy him.. and that’s why maybe his stock took a hit, that and getting almost KOd by a pillow fisted lw

Wow. So Diaz fans are the casuals now? What's next? Moose fans? Eddie Alvarez fans? BJ Penn fans? Lol, so casual.
<36>
Casuals replaced tuf noobs. But I think it’s safe to say Leon’s one gnp session looked great and his leg kicks looked strong. Getting smashed in the face after getting frustrated because Nate turned his back wasn’t a good look nor impressive.

Casuals replaced tuf noobs. But I think it’s safe to say Leon’s one gnp session looked great and his leg kicks looked strong. Getting smashed in the face after getting frustrated because Nate turned his back wasn’t a good look nor impressive.
I'm not even shitting on Leon. He did roughly as expected. There seems to be this presumption that if you're impressed with Nate's performance, that you must be a Leon-hater. That's just not the case for me. I'm a fan of Nate's, admittedly. And I simply don't have much to say about Leon, good or bad.

Leon did have a long lay off, but that was the kind of performance to render you a title shot… especially against Diaz… love the dude , but he’s not an elite 170 and shouldn’t garner him a shot on this alone…. Cody mauls the same Rocky that showed up last night… also was it me or did Leon look smaller than normal?

Edwards literally dominated for 96% of that fight. Only an idiot that doesn’t have basic math skills would argue that. And since Nate didn’t KO him in the 4% that he dominated. Well what more needs to be said? Conor fans, and casuals (pretty much the same thing) are the worst.

IMO Leon should fight the winner of Wonderboy vs Burns, the timelines make sense, while Usman fights Colby again. That will give us an undisputed #1 contender for Usman in early 2022.

As for your point about Edwards, I agree that he looked impressive. He showed well roundedness, conditioning and hit Nate with kicks, elbows and punches at will. At the same time, we can't ignore that he was content letting Diaz live and take the decision, knowing that he has a big gas tank and depends on surviving. And then he made a big mistake in the 5th against a plodding, slow, hurt opponent. That's to Diaz's credit, but a top 5 guy on a nearly 10 fight win streak shouldn't be about to lose against Diaz in 2021 if we expect him to be champion. It deserves at least some criticism, that shit isn't gonna cut it against better guys.

Edwards looked very impressive, until he didn't any longer.

His win streak is starting to follow suit. 8 fight win streak in the late months of 2019, coming off a lopsided decision over his first ever top 10 opponent, yeah he was on fire.

2 years later he has a 9 fight win streak going (should have been a dub over Belal) but still only that that one top 10 opponent to show for it, and that top 10 wasn't in the top 10 for long and moved back to his normal weight class at Lightweight.

...and back to the reason this thread even exists. Leon almost got finished by a washed up Diaz brother that hadn't fought in over 18 months.

People keep saying that Edwards is elite and deserves a title shot, based on what?

Who did he defeat, of the current top 10 welterweights in a fashion that showcased his elite level?

I keep seeing this hypetrain pushed by ufc team, but I don't see it. He is at number 5 after taking Cerrone and RDA to a decision. Like what?

IMO Leon should fight the winner of Wonderboy vs Burns, the timelines make sense, while Usman fights Colby again. That will give us an undisputed #1 contender for Usman in early 2022.

As for your point about Edwards, I agree that he looked impressive. He showed well roundedness, conditioning and hit Nate with kicks, elbows and punches at will. At the same time, we can't ignore that he was content letting Diaz live and take the decision, knowing that he has a big gas tank and depends on surviving. And then he made a big mistake in the 5th against a plodding, slow, hurt opponent. That's to Diaz's credit, but a top 5 guy on a nearly 10 fight win streak shouldn't be about to lose against Diaz in 2021 if we expect him to be champion. It deserves at least some criticism, that shit isn't gonna cut it against better guys.
If Leon beats the WB/Burns winner that's Tony Ferguson level road to the belt. I agree the timeline makes sense. Usman/Mas 2 fucked alot of things up.

As for Edwards performance, yeah he looked elite and showed flashes of brilliance (taking Nate's back) but he needs to learn how to pull the trigger. Every time he came back corner was saying how well the leg kicks were working but he just stopped throwing them at one point. Makes zero sense to me whatsoever. Easily could have gotten him out of there but instead now the big statement of the fight is the last minute.

Back