Since Dustin fights Khabib can we disscuss Dustin's grappling/wrestling?

Well he's sure as shit got better wrasslin than the last guy who fought him, and just as much power it seems now too

Abdulmanap will be in Khabib's corner..
Poirer is fucked.
<28>

I think the fight will be a little similar to the LaQuinta fight.

I didn't know they fought there...when was this?

1428503854.png

His wrestling is decent but not good enough to prevent Khabib from doing his thing.

yeah I can't see how poirer gets it done.

not only that but he's going to be main eventing a fight in a foreign country where the crowd will be 100% khabib.

I just realised that Michael Johnson spoiled Dustin's win streak Dustin would have been on 11 win steak like Khabib and Tony if it wasnt for MJ
Ruined it in the worst way too.

Dustin has respectable jiu jitsu but suspect takedown defense. The fact that Khabib was able to take down Al IaQuinta doesn’t make me confident that Poirier will look any better.

I think it will be a typically Khabib smesh highlight fight, but I could be wrong. If Dustin is able to stop a few takedowns and keep it standing, he has some crisp and powerful boxing to make it interesting.

With all that said, I think Gaethje and Cowboy are the best stylistic matches to stop Khabib. Ferguson I think gets takedown down and pounded out easily. Khabib when he takes someone down doesn’t allow them any room, which is where Ferguson would just get smashed.

I think Gaethje is the best possible match up because he is one of the best wrestlers in the division (despite not showing it), and with those heavy hands can force Khabib into a war.

Not sure there is any way Dustin can get his TDD up to par with khabib but man if he does he’s got some crazy power in his hands now. Every single time he his Holloway it was hurting him.
couldnt put away a 145'r, so how can he put away a big 155'r

I do not know who Korean Zombie is. Only fight I watched was him and Yair and him and Dustin. Never cared about him or knew who he was. I thought Dustin lost to another guy, didnt realise it was Zombie until your touchbutt buddie pointed it out to me

like I said, Casuals dont even know who Dustin is, let alone his other fights. I know that much

youre pathetic.

couldnt put away a 145'r, so how can he put away a big 155'r
Didn’t say “put him away”. His striking looked great and if he could some how avoid the khabibs grappling (he can’t) he could cause khabib trouble on the feet.

I do not know who Korean Zombie is. Only fight I watched was him and Yair and him and Dustin. Never cared about him or knew who he was. I thought Dustin lost to another guy, didnt realise it was Zombie until your touchbutt buddie pointed it out to me

like I said, Casuals dont even know who Dustin is, let alone his other fights. I know that much

Jesus fucking Christ just stop talking about KZ if you've barely even seen him fight. This is infuriating.

Khabib fails on a lot of takedowns but hes relentless . Dustin will get taken down. He needs to find a way to play defense and avoid a ton of damage without sacrificing his gas tank. Will he have enough left to finish khabib when the fight hits the feet is the question.

Cub was around 30, in his prime made a 6 fight winning streak. Now he is 35 and 0:3 undercard
Poirier was 24. Now he is 30, in his prime and on a 6 fight winning streak.

Never forget to think about time and prime.
I'm not sure 30 is the prime for wrestling though. 30 might be a good average prime for a fighter, but each skill in itself has it's own prime and I'd imagine wrestling skills are better in the mid 20's.

Dustin would beat the korean guy in a rematch

i

I think we have to remember the size difference for these fights. Max is a big 145er but an average 155er. Dustin is a big 155er yes, but Khabib is a fucking 170lber. Those punches that were rocking Max MIGHT not have the same effect on Khabib.

I think the fight will be a little similar to the LaQuinta fight. Dustin will neutralize some of Khabibs strengths but in the end it wont be enough imo.
khabib finishes dustin in the 4th or 5th max. he gassed out after the first round striking vs max. khabib takes his soul if he slows down like that.

Back