Since Dustin fights Khabib can we disscuss Dustin's grappling/wrestling?

MMA reborn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I watched all his fights including Max, Cub Swansons, Korean guy etc but never paid attention to his wrestle/grapple skills

Now that we know he will need to bring TDD and gas tank to Khabib fight, whats he like in that department?

Any gifs or suggestions which rounds to watch are appreciated. I dont care much about BJJ because its not effective unless you really on the floor and submissions slip in later rounds when gas is gone and body is wet.

His striking is top notch if not Top of LW division, but lets disscuss his wrestling since he will be getting training focus on that.

Cub Swanson outwrestled him

Cub was around 30, in his prime made a 6 fight winning streak. Now he is 35 and 0:3 undercard
Poirier was 24. Now he is 30, in his prime and on a 6 fight winning streak.

Never forget to think about time and prime.

I rate it better than Conor's and he has a much better gas tank. I'll be rooting for Dustin but unfortunately I think Khabib will smesh.

Korean zombie

Whats your problem man? I am lazy to type. Is he not Korean> I cant spell his name. Chon Sun yun I think.

Gerrara here
Maybe the fact you are a filthy casual?

I just realised that Michael Johnson spoiled Dustin's win streak Dustin would have been on 11 win steak like Khabib and Tony if it wasnt for MJ

Not sure there is any way Dustin can get his TDD up to par with khabib but man if he does he’s got some crazy power in his hands now. Every single time he his Holloway it was hurting him.

Not sure there is any way Dustin can get his TDD up to par with khabib but man if he does he’s got some crazy power in his hands now. Every single time he his Holloway it was hurting him.

I think we have to remember the size difference for these fights. Max is a big 145er but an average 155er. Dustin is a big 155er yes, but Khabib is a fucking 170lber. Those punches that were rocking Max MIGHT not have the same effect on Khabib.

I think the fight will be a little similar to the LaQuinta fight. Dustin will neutralize some of Khabibs strengths but in the end it wont be enough imo.

Maybe the fact you are a filthy casual?

Casuals dont even know who Dustin is, let alone his loss to Korean Zombie or MJ

I dont care what you say but casuals today are not making threads disscussing Dustins wrestling

Stop being mean to me or I will knock you out!

Korean zombie

Whats your problem man? I am lazy to type. Is he not Korean> I cant spell his name. Chon Sun yun I think.

Gerrara here
You're right it was Chon Sun Yun or Yang Chung Wang or something. He was either Chinese or Korean or Japanese.

His grappling is legit but he isn't a guard player, so once he gets down his only major submission threat will be a guillotine. He has been taken down by Alvarez and other lower caliber grapplers over the years. Plus, it's been a while since he's fought a non striker.

This is an uphill battle for Diamond. Watch both Alvarez fights again for sure. Pettis and Miller fight as well.

Eddie got him down and was on top.

Not a good sign..

I do not know who Korean Zombie is. Only fight I watched was him and Yair and him and Dustin. Never cared about him or knew who he was. I thought Dustin lost to another guy, didnt realise it was Zombie until your touchbutt buddie pointed it out to me

like I said, Casuals dont even know who Dustin is, let alone his other fights. I know that much

His grappling is legit but he isn't a guard player, so once he gets down his only major submission threat will be a guillotine. He has been taken down by Alvarez and other lower caliber grapplers over the years. Plus, it's been a while since he's fought a non striker.

This is an uphill battle for Diamond. Watch both Alvarez fights again for sure. Pettis and Miller fight as well.
Not him, but thanks for the breakdown, my man. I have a backlog of UFC fights I need to watch and this is going to the top of that list.

Back