Movies Silver Bullet or Pumpkinhead

I would probably say the handful of years around Silver Bullet was the only time in history they consistently made some good werewolf movies.
Yeah it does tend to get sad sack treatment.

The last decent werewolf flicks made in the last 2 decades I can think of are Dog soldiers and Underworld

PUMPKINHEAD to me is a minor classic. I'm a sucker for a spooky atmosphere & a good monster & PUMPKINHEAD has it in spades. I just upgraded my old obsolete DVD of the film with the new special edition Blu-ray steelbook from Scream Factory which has a new 4K remastered print that's supposed to look awesome. I just haven't had a chance to watch it for myself yet.
pumpkinhead-steelbook.png

100%. Pumpkinhead is almost a guilty pleasure type film. So underrated for that era of horror films and I feel like some people might see it now and think, how did I not know about this film.

200.gif

Pumpkin head 1 is good stuff. The second one isn't terrible, pretty basic straight to video 90s movie. The ones scifi did about ten years ago were god awful. One of them involved the Hatfields and McCoys lol. Never saw the other movie

I liked the Hatchet movies

I watched all 3 or 4 of them back to back not too long ago. Good bargain bin movies

Pumpkinhead is pretty lame from what I remember
It’s fun in a campy way, but Silver Bullet is a far superior movie.

Never seen Silver Bullet. I'll be going for the werewolf... I'm sure I'll be disappointed :-(

Off to the bay of pirates. Yaaargggh!!!

I have fond memories of silver bullet. Go to the park where the swamp scenes were filmed at greenfield park in Wilmington, nc. Loved the book and used to stare at the pictures when I was a kid. But the werewolf was not great. Watched this movie a few years ago and it did not hold up fantastically. Pumpkin heads monster was much better and I think the death scenes were better as well. Overall, I think pumpkinhead was better

Back