Silva's performance against Bisping is overrated.

If Silva had pounced on him after the knee and maybe even after the front kick it probably would have been all she wrote.

Dude needs a sports psychologist fo sho.

Reminds me of Pele who always liked to admire his work after a solid strike instead of going in for the kill.
Pele also shattered both his leg bones in grotesque fashion when his kick got checked.....lol

Anderson had great moments during the fight (including the knee) but he also had some really bad moments. Bisping dropped him and rocked him in the 1st and 2nd rounds. Whoever would have thought that would occur.

Anderson is a nightmare matchup for Bisping and yet Bisping found a way to win and deserved the win.

For everyone that is down on Anderson....he is still a great fighter capable of beating anyone even though he is past his prime. He is still a better fighter than Bisping even now. Sometimes the better fighter loses.

The OP is correct. Some delusional fans are overrating Anderson's performance against Bisping. Anderson lost and deserved the loss that night.

If a rematch was to occur this year (which it won't) I would bet on Anderson even though he lost the first fight.

I see no legitimate argument for Bisping winning round 3 unless you subscribe to the FightMetric pillow punch litmus test camp of scoring fights.

IS someone saying Bisping won round 3? Bisping was barely outpointing Anderson in round 3 until Anderson landed the knee. Rocking your opponent like that wins you the round. Anderson clearly won Round 3 no question.

Round 1 (Bisping)
Round 2 (Bisping)
Round 3 (Anderson)
Round 4 (Bisping)
Round 5 (Anderson)

Silva is coming back from some serious setbacks and I think he is still trying to get comfortable. I think the next fight we see him in, he will be back much closer to prime form.
Seriously, this guy got KTFO in ridiculous embarassing fashion against The Chris (2012) after murdering people since entering the UFC in 2006...a 6 year run undefeated.
He did not want a rematch, he was glad to be knocked off the perch, just wanted to fight for the sport and not have so much stress of being the best, UFC pushed him and The Chris II was a brutal injury.
Add the rehab, potential to never fight again possibly, more stress, busted for PED's against Nick Diaz who he beat pretty easily IMHO, and we have a bit of a gun shy Silva vs Bisping.
Give him one, maybe 2 more fights and he will be kicking heads clean off again. I'm actually really impressed with BP's chin from this fight, he took a shit kicking in the later half.
But if that was the truth, why didn't get aggressive with Bisping who wasn't putting much of a fight. He backed up against the ring, did some fancy kung fu hand movement, dropped his hands, etc. He was not even to trying to finish the fight, he was just dancing and clowning around. He had had his tune up fight with Nick. Bisping isn't even dangerous.

But if that was the truth, why didn't get aggressive with Bisping who wasn't putting much of a fight. He backed up against the ring, did some fancy kung fu hand movement, dropped his hands, etc. He was not even to trying to finish the fight, he was just dancing and clowning around. He had had his tune up fight with Nick. Bisping isn't even dangerous.
If he even pretended like he was going to hit BP after that flying knee the fight would have been over and everybody would have been saying "HE'S BACK!!". I don't know who was dumber, BP for asking for a "time out" because he lost his mouth piece, or Silva for doing the walk away KO instead of making sure the fight was over.
I still think we will see a different Silva next time out, BP out pointed him, but he destroyed BP's face and could have ended the fight at least on 2 occasions (after the knee, after the front face kick if he put a few more shots on him), where I didn't see any moment where it looked like BP was about to finish Silva that whole fight.

If it's overrated then he did awful. I thought he landed a couple significant strikes and other than that did not do much. That's why he lost.

I had Bisping winning 1, 2 and 4.

Silva had 3 and 5 quite clearly.

Either way, Silva just didn't look good. Bisping quite clearly won on second viewing.

I kind of agree, but you can't say he dismantled his legacy because of his last fights. This is haters speech (not saying you are one).
Well there was always a kind of other worldly matrix quality too him in the past, even despite the fiasco with Demian Maia. But he fooling around and getting caught by Weidman reduced that quite significantly. The fight with Nick DIaz did nothing to his reputation and this fight against Bisping was a disaster. I'm really surprised more people aren't asking why he did nothing at the start of round four. Bisping was moving like the Walking Dead and Anderson just let him recover. I still cant put my finger on why. Even the fact he clearly chose not to listen to Herd Dean tell him the fight was still on was seriously odd. It was almost like he didn't want any part of that fight. That's sad to see when you remember the stuff he did in the past like that elbow against Tony Frykland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back