Silva - Weidman 1 a fluke?

mma pratice**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If not, then why Chris Weidman the underdog?

I remember Silva being taken down the first round the getting ko'ed the second, yet he's still the favorite in the rematch? :confused:

Then bet all your money on him TS. He is the underdog going into the second fight after all. You should be excited about the prospect of making more money.

Betting lines do not always favor the "better" fighter.....it's 2013, nobody should have to point that out anymore.

What's with all the trollish white belt threads today?

there seem to be a lot more than usual.

A fluke?? No way...fair win. We all saw how the fight went down...no need to talk about it more

Odds makers are still in denial and delusion.

:D

Because people are still betting on him

Lol, you're talking like he's a huge underdog.
He's a slight underdog and that's not even a relevant fact.

Anderson Silva -115
Chris Weidman -105

Source

It wasn't a fluke but Silva did get very cocky and careless. I think Silva is a much more skillful fighter than Weidman and it will show in the rematch.

Aren't odds based on where the bets are going? Weidman isn't a big underdog, and it makes sense that a lot of people put their faith in a long reigning champ. Waste of money, but makes sense.

Odds are dictated by those willing to put their money where their beliefs lie, and are influenced by how much people are willing to bet.

Its a pretty solid test of who is favourite and the odds say Silva.

Of course, underdog doesn't always lose.

I saw the first fight and I have Silva as favourite in this one too.
Its just one of those rare occasion where you can have a bet with you mate with no odds involved and one guy isn't getting screwed.

What kind of margin are we speaking of here? You saw the first one right?

When I saw it you could bet $1 on each, if Anderson wins you get $1.90 back, if Weidman wins you get $2.02 back.

That is pretty damn even.

What kind of margin are we speaking of here? You saw the first one right?

How do I quantify the margin? I think Silva will make him look silly in the standup this time around. He is good enough to nullify Weidman's BJJ and has a much better cardio. The only area where I think Weidman will beat him up is on the ground using his wrestling and gnp which he clearly showed in the first fight. I think Weidman's cardio will fail him, I predicted it will in the last fight and it almost did. Anyway, it was purely Silva's fault to showboat and get KO in the process and Weidman did everything right to capitalize on that so he should get full credit for his win.

Last edited:
Weidman beat his ass beginning to end. Silva is still regarded as one of the greatest so far though. Still the greatest, in my opinion. People think he can take it in the rematch. I think so too. I hope he doesn't. Weidman staying undefeated will be so cool to see.

Since Silva has been on top so long they can't think another explanation. They don't see the odivous. That Silva ran into a wrestler who had a longer reach and KO power than he did. Without a reach advantage and having to put his hands down to defend the TD Silva was really vulnerable to get caught. Sonnen knocked him down with less advantages and almost no power this was pretty expected.

Back