Silva - Weidman 1 a fluke?

If not, then why Chris Weidman the underdog?

I remember Silva being taken down the first round the getting ko'ed the second, yet he's still the favorite in the rematch? :confused:

Because Silva is supposedly the best thing ever. Whenever he does something wrong, there's an army of clueless fans making excuses for him such as "he was just resting" when he got mounted by Chael.

They think he has total control over every fight he has and nothing happens unless he allows it to. They believe he can end a fight whenever he feels like it.

The one thing that doesn't ever seem to enter these people's heads is that he might not be quite as good as they think he is.

lets be honest here. It was a fluke as its a one in a million punch.

True degenerates don't bet on fights that are 3 months away, wtf is this shit? The money will start coming in on that fight in DECEMBER, gamblers got a lot more shit to bet on before then, son.

Lol, you're talking like he's a huge underdog.
He's a slight underdog and that's not even a relevant fact.

Anderson Silva -115
Chris Weidman -105

Source

REALLY? Damn it. Me and my slow reactions. I thought Chris was still 2:1. There goes my easy bet...

i heard they let CJ Ross set the betting line for this fight, after they realized her skill being the only person in the world that saw money vs canelo as a draw. i heard she can also see dead people too.

If not, then why Chris Weidman the underdog?

I remember Silva being taken down the first round the getting ko'ed the second, yet he's still the favorite in the rematch? :confused:

What I'm wondering is why your account is not banned yet .

Because Anderson was the best for a long time and a lot of people think he gave Weidman more opportunities than he should have. It makes perfect sense why it would be this way. Whether it should not or not is another story, but it at least makes sense.

Getting your head bounced off the mat and your eyes rolled into the back of your head generally isn't a fluke.

I see the butthurt is still flowing.

It wasn't a fluke, but it MIGHT have gone differently had AS not screwed off so much.

If he comes 100% serious in the rematch, I think it will be at the very least a much more competitive fight.

Rather, odds makers know fans are still in denial and delusional.

Nah they just happen to know that AS probably has a fanbase ten times larger than Weidman so they know thats a lot of peoples who might bet with their heart rather than reason.

Imo these 2 fighters are very evenly matched and i predict Weidman to win but it'll be considerably closer than the first one.

Also, if Weidman starts to get too confident on the feet then he might have a bad surprise. He should really stick to takedowns and do damage from there, especially if Silva actually keeps his hands high which would make him easier to take down.

Just means more money for those who know Chris will win, again. Be happy about it. I am.

Weidman actually opened as a bigger underdog in the rematch then what he originally opened at in the first bout. Hilarious to me considering the KO, but such is life.

No it wasn't a fluke. Weidman was a horrible matchup for Silva because Silva has no distance to hide behind when he tries to dance and has to keep his hands down to prevent the takedown which is clearly the bigger threat. Sonnen proved that Silva doesn't have much of a chin really and you don't ned to be Hendo to knock Silva down if you get him. Weidman was powerful enough to rock Silva and end it.

^ seriously. awful post. just shut up man.

How many threads are we gonna have adressing the same issue over and over and over...

Back