Silva wants Diaz rematch....

oldschoolmmafan

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...nick-diaz-rematch-under-the-right-conditions/

In January of 2015, MMA legends Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz stepped into the cage together for a matchup that had fight fans drooling in anticipation. After five wild, rounds, Silva was announced the winner of this fight by unanimous decision. Unfortunately, that result was eventually overturned when Silva tested positive for Drostanolone and Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites.

Four years later, Anderson Silva says he’s still interested in a do-over with Nick Diaz — but not for the UFC’s benefit. The former middleweight champion feels the UFC has a habit of using aging stars to promote young prospects, and he doesn’t want a potential rematch with Diaz to serve that purpose.

“I think the fight with Nick Diaz would be a very cool fight, very interesting,” Silva said in a Portuguese interview with Rap 77 (translation via MMAjunkie). “Because our last fight, both of us ended up getting caught in the doping, and it was a no-contest. So, actually, the fight didn’t exist. But I think Nick is a guy who has a name, a guy who has a history in this sport. And what we can’t accept is going into the UFC’s game of wanting to use the legends that they have to promote the young guys.

“I’ve talked about this a lot with Nick and with other athletes, as well,” he continued. “We don’t have an issue with fighting any of these kids. We don’t have an issue. We just want to be respected for everything we have built in this sport. Never, in my early trajectory, I never called out anyone. I always let things happen naturally. And I think it can’t be different.

“The UFC has this thing of wanting to promote new talents that don’t have the charisma with the older athletes who have the charisma and who knew how to get the machine working when we were in there. And that’s something that today’s kids can’t do. They go up there, they fight, do good fights. But, once they open their mouths, they only say crap. And they can’t get charisma with the audience. It’s no use being a good fighter and not being charismatic.”

Thoughts?

Pretty boring fight.

The shoop with Silva painting him made it worth it though.

mem5.png

Anderson falling HARD....

Tested positive for PEDs... wanted a fight with Conor and now this rematch..

Anderson falling HARD....

Tested positive for PEDs... wanted a fight with Conor and now this rematch..
He always talked about the weirdest matchups, it's nothing new.

Pretty boring fight.

The shoop with Silva painting him made it worth it though.

mem5.png
That fight was so frustrating, as have been most of Anderson's fights since the leg injury.

When he would actually engage he was hitting Nick at will and had he just kept his foot on the gas likely could have finished him ( much like the Bisping fight) but instead he was super tentative and would just back off and fuck around instead of going for the kill.

It's hard to watch this version of him. even in the DC fight when he hurt him he didn't bother to swarm and try to get the finish when he was a killer before that if he saw blood in the water.

Pointless, easy fight. He's out of touch.

I doubt Nick Diaz will fight professionally again.

I was going to say who asks for a rematch when winning the first fight but then remembered it was a no contest for Silva's tests and Diazs marijuana time

Love Andy but he's so fucking annoying and delusional now. Hope Izy KOs him.

Anderson loves calling out smaller guys.... nothing to see here.

Anderson calling out smaller fighters again. He really has no shame

Nick exposed him for he boring counter striker he is.

It’s not that he was fucking around , it was that he has never been very good coming forward without the clinch.
If the rematch happens and he hangs back again, he can go fuck himself.

The fight was dumb years ago. I got you can fight at LHW against a guy who could probably fight at LW

Oh get the fuck outta here

Back