Silva vs Wedman: What people seem to forget

You're mistaken about what happened on the ground, but it's been pointed out already.

Weidman was slipping Silva's normally incredibly accurate strikes.

HE OUTSTRUCK AND OUT GRAPPLED SILVA EN ROUTE TO BRUTALLY KNOCKING HIM THE FUCK OUT. Completely unphased by his shenanigans.

People seem to forget that.

He took anderson down easily in the first and the fight would have stayed there is Weidman had not went for a leglock. In the 2nd round Weidman didnt even go for a takedown. He faked a few but no real actual attempts.

Anderson's TDD needs to be spot on. I would not expect to see any more leg lock attempts if Weidman gets him down.

I didn't read all the opinions on this thread but the quality of them are above the typical exchanges. Anyway, before you put your bet, remember that Weidman had not been active for 18 months I believe, recouping for knee surgery.

I'm sure that the ring rust will be gone and that he will feel more comfortable to commit on his take down.

However, as someone else mentioned, he look like he was running on low. Anderson could take him to the deep end of the pool and drown him at the end of the 4th or 5th round.

Here is a semi prediction, Weidman within three rounds or Anderson in 4th or 5th.

Weidman was and will be Anderson's toughest challenge.

He is completely well rounded and has power and subs. Reguardless of how this fight goes Weidman will be on the p4p list for years to com

With that said I think Anderson makes the right adjustments and wins this next fight. The trilogy will be huge

I made a thread about how the third fight being almost inevitable and a huge money-maker....but it got wastelanded.

he shows lack of IQ. Lost position for a submission that never works. Then he went for a 3 punch combo against Anderson who was taunting him. If he had been KO'd we would think he was a moron. he was landing shots but nothing hard in the standup. in fact, he was getting kicked over and over..

And the only takedown he got was defended via a sprawl but he brute forced it. He will probably be stuffed all night

it is a lack of fan IQ you show and not fight IQ Chris showed.

By going for that sub Chris made sure Anderson could not settle in and get comfortable defending one single aspect on the ground.

it is hugely important when fighting an elite fighter like Anderson to not let him tee of and get comfortable in any single element. he has proven himself immensely capable when put on his back of avoiding any serious damage. And despite the fact that Weidman was landing very hard shots, jumping for the sub sent a signal from Weidman to Anderson, that he could not solely focus on GnP and that Chris did not fear him escaping and standing up after a failed sub.

why was Sonnen landing good standing strikes in the first fight? because Anderson had to also try to defend the td while defending the strikes. Chris made sure that even on his bac Anderson would have to focus on many threats thus making it easier for him to land big GnP and set up later subs.

and lol at Chris landing nothing hard in the standup while alluding to Anderson's kicks which did little to nothing. Chris was landing a series of hard shots which set up the eventual KO.

And lastly, for the record, Anderson defended 4 of 7 td attempts by Chael in their first fight. That did not keep him from spending almost the entire fight on his back. His tdd has always been under rated. It is his inability to get back up until the bell saves him that is his issue.

He could hold him there, he had done that, he had landed nasty G'n'P, and he had lost said position only because he went for leg lock - no fucks given.

Opinions are nice, but let's stick to the facts with them.

This. He hit Anderson with a couple of big shots, and then willingly gave up position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back