Silva vs Wedman: What people seem to forget

ShinobiKrow**

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok, a lot of people predicted Weidman would beat Anderson, and a lot of people think he will do the same thing again. Now, let

Anderson has to constantly be thinking about defending the TD. This will take a lot out of his striking game and IMO put them on equal ground in the stand up. Chael caught Anderson with some good shots standing and Chael's striking is nowhere near Anderson's level but the threat of a TD makes Anderson hittable.

Weidman was and will be Anderson's toughest challenge.

He is completely well rounded and has power and subs. Reguardless of how this fight goes Weidman will be on the p4p list for years to com

With that said I think Anderson makes the right adjustments and wins this next fight. The trilogy will be huge

Watching the fight, I thought that Silva was concerned about weidman on the ground....weidman got in some strong blows unlike Chael. He started clowning to encourage Weidman to standup and trade and it really worked for him....till he got caught.

Silver lining for silva was that weidman was starting to tire...he put a lot into his first round aggressiveness....but this might be because of the long lay off as well.

I love Silva and expect him to find a way to win in the end, but he is going to have a tough couple of rounds where he needs to survive

It's going to be extremely interesting to see what Silva comes in with for the rematch. It's also going to be interesting to see how Weidman responds. He will no doubt be even more prepared this time, and will NOT be coming off a long layoff and injury.

I think Anderson's best bet would be to take advantage of his cardio and not engaging until the second round. I can almost guarantee that Weidman is going to slow down.

He could hold him there, he had done that, he had landed nasty G'n'P, and he had lost said position only because he went for leg lock - no fucks given.

Opinions are nice, but let's stick to the facts with them.

Nasty ground and pound, going to have to watch the fight but I dont recall anything devastating

i thought weidman was going to knock out silva with his gnp some of those shots where big

Couldn't hold him on the ground? Last time I checked he was raining down power shots and gave up his dominant position to go for a sub that was very close to being locked in.

i agree i think weidman looked tired already in the second round and he has show in the past his gas tank isnt all that great. i can see weidman winning the first round again this fight but i see anderson finishing him in the second.

Nasty ground and pound, going to have to watch the fight but I dont recall anything devastating

His ground and pound shots were big. He doesn't need to land many shots from GNP to end fights. Anderson felt them, no question. The handful he landed were more devastating than all 200 of Chael's combined.

'devastating', no. Devastating should produce an instant finish.

But he was landing the type of GnP that would have Anderson thinking 'holy god, this is not Chael and I better not think I can be kept on my back 5 rounds eating over 300 shots as Weidman will finish me if that is the case.'

You should definitely rewatch.

Weidman's wrestling and gnp are formidable. If he focus solely on controlling and punching he could hurt Anderson pretty bad there. But Anderson is also VERY good at not getting gnp'd and not taking shots on the ground so Weidman will need a strong gas tank.

He hits harder than Cheal but he doesn't have the gas tank. If Silva makes it out of the first couple of rounds rolling with the punches and tying him up then Weidman is going to be in trouble.

Yeah. The GnP was actually extremely hard and had me on pins and needles as an Anderson fan. Let's not bullshit about it. Anderson wad lucky he went for the leglock. That said, Anderson managed to fluster and bait Chris once he got it back to the feet, and Chris was visibly fading. That combination that KOed Silva was once in a lifetime. Pure MMA insanity. The rematch will tell the real story, hopefully, regardless of who wins.

i agree i think weidman looked tired already in the second round and he has show in the past his gas tank isnt all that great. i can see weidman winning the first round again this fight but i see anderson finishing him in the second.

When? In the Maia fight that he took on 11 days notice and couldn't do much but cut weight for? I don't remember him looking particularly tired against Sakara (a fight he also took on short notice, injured), and all his other wins have been in the first or early second round.

I'm not saying he has cardio for days, I just don't know if we've truly seen an accurate representation of it.

he shows lack of IQ. Lost position for a submission that never works. Then he went for a 3 punch combo against Anderson who was taunting him. If he had been KO'd we would think he was a moron. he was landing shots but nothing hard in the standup. in fact, he was getting kicked over and over..

And the only takedown he got was defended via a sprawl but he brute forced it. He will probably be stuffed all night

Back