Silva vs Griffin : The best performance witnessed inside the octagon ?

Griffin was tailor made for Anderson.

I would say one of worst performance by Griffin was he even seriously trying to fight or Just swing and hope to hit Anderson.

Then he ran out of the Octagon.

I was pissed about that fight that it ended that way.

I am a big Anderson Fan I thought it will be a competitive fight but nah.

I enjoyed Anderson's Sonne fights more and the Rick Franklin Beat downs.

I would say one of worst performance by Griffin was he even seriously trying to fight or Just swing and hope to hit Anderson.

Then he ran out of the Octagon.

I was pissed about that fight that it ended that way.

I am a big Anderson Fan I thought it will be a competitive fight but nah.

I enjoyed Anderson's Sonne fights more and the Rick Franklin Beat downs.

One of his better fights was against Lee Murray. Murray would have beaten some serious competition in the UFC if his life never went the way of a hollywood heist movie. I would have given him a very solid chance to beat Franklin.

Rafael dos Anjos vs Anthony Pettis, is a contender at least. RDA simply plowed through the best striker in the best division.

Forrest Goofin never had a chance. The fact he even had a belt is baffling to me. Anderson looked great that day, but he was just working a punching bag.

Rafael dos Anjos vs Anthony Pettis, is a contender at least. RDA simply plowed through the best striker in the best division.

Forrest Goofin never had a chance. The fact he even had a belt is baffling to me. Anderson looked great that day, but he was just working a punching bag.

It's not baffling. He has for the most part a solid chin, decent level BJJ, stiff jab, workable footwork, a big body, decent reach and very solid cardio. If an opponent wasn't on their game he was going to be in with a chance.

He's one of those awkward fighters. Even after getting stomped by Shogun in the rematch you could definitely see that he was never completely outclassed. It's one of those fights that as a Shogun fan, if it crept past the first Forrest was always with a shot.

He was even out striking Rashad up until he lost in the third. The guy is a lot like some of the awkward, slower southpaw boxers that get underrated because their style is ugly. He won the belt for very good reasons if you're honest about his capabilities.

Yes.

silva-griffin.gif

A steroid user versus a guy that everyone knew was just going to keep moving forward trying to exchange with a better striker and end up getting knocked out? Nah, not even close.

It must gut you so much that a fighter you clearly hate holds such reverence lol.

3123421.gif

So many of Silvas early wins was close to flawless. He was so freakishly good when he destroyed Franklin, Leben, Henderson and Griffin it was simple amazing to watch it. It is a shame we might never see a guy like that inside the octagon again

do you have proof that Anderson was on steroids at the time of that fight? or just the Diaz fight right at the damn end of his career.
You mean other than the fact that he tested positive for PEDs after years of suspicion?
It must gut you so much that a fighter you clearly hate holds such reverence lol.
Who?
What we have proof of is that Griffin was juiced in that fight. So even if you think Anderson was too it was simply a level playing field.

Funny thing is Bonnar was juiced for his Silva fight too. Typical Americans.
I agree. Those two were Anderoid's gauntlet of great challengers. Truly impressive wins. Don't forget Chris Leben!

Griffin was tailor made for Anderson.

Everyone one who isn't a great wrestler is tailor made for Anderson.

Btw, Fitch & Penn were tailor made for GSP and Nog/Tim/CC were tailor made for Fedor. Shogun for Jones as well.

No one mentioned BJ/Hughes I yet? A lot of BJ's legend comes from that fight.

A lot of good answers like Jones-Shogun and Silva-Griffin but Weidman-Munoz looked like a man against a boy.

It will never be done again. A champion will not toy and humiliate a recent former champ of a higher weight class in that manner ever again.

Back